Joint Venture Manager
Jobs at:The Uganda National Oil Company Limited (UNOC)
Deadline of this Job:
12th July 2019
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Uganda National Oil Company (UNOC) Ltd was established under the Petroleum (Exploration, Development and Production) Act and the Petroleum (Refining, Conversion, Transmission and Midstream storage) Act, both of 2013 and incorporated under the Companies’ Act, 2012. It is a limited liability company wholly owned by the Government of Uganda.
The overall function of UNOC is to handle the State’s commercial interests in the Oil and Gas industry and ensure that the resource is exploited in a sustainable manner.
UNOC now invites applications for persons interested to develop their career with a dynamic results-oriented Company to occupy the following positions
REPORTS TO: Head of Commercial and Joint Venture Management.
JOB PURPOSE: Co-ordinate and oversee all Joint Venture (JV) aspects of UNOC’s operated and non-operated assets across the value chain
• Represent UNOC within the JV and Government Technical, Financial and Operational meetings to deliver UNOC’s commercial strategy.
• Provide guidance and strategy on JV decisions to support UNOC’s desired outcomes.
• Ensure all JV decisions and approvals are obtained in a timely manner and properly documented, including approval of expenditure, annual work programme & budgets.
• Ensure all reporting requirements under the JOAs, PSAs and other JV Agreements by Operator/Contractor are satisfied.
• Design, implement and coordinate JV management processes within UNOC, ensuring adherence to the terms of the JOAs, PSAs and other JV Agreements as well as with UNOC procedures and ways of working.
• Manage, mentor and develop the Joint Venture Co-ordinator(s) and ensure suitable coverage and management of all JV activities.
• Interface with UNOC’s Corporate Functions and subsidiaries (NPC, URHC) to coordinate UNOC’s engagement strategy with JV Partners across the value chain.
• Work closely with the Chief Commercial Officer and Head of Commercial in developing long term strategy, particularly in regards the strategy and objectives of joint venture participation.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Qualifications and attributes:
• A Master’s Degree in either Economics, Finance, Business Administration or any relevant discipline.
• An Honours Bachelor’s Degree in either Engineering, Economics, Finance, Law, Petroleum Sciences or any relevant discipline.
• Must have at least 8 years relevant working experience including leading teams, handling commercial negotiations, joint ventures and knowledge/experience in the oil & gas sector and/or global energy markets.
• Experience in commercial/business performance aspects in regulated industries is an added advantage.
• Should be commercially astute and possess sound negotiation and leadership skills.
• Have excellent communication and personnel management skills and a high level of discretion and personal integrity.
• Ability to work under pressure and to work as part of a team.
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree
Job Experience Requirements: 8 years
Job application procedure
The Application together with copies of academic certificates should be addressed and submitted in TRIPLICATE to the address below by 17:00 hours (5:00pm EAT) not later than 12th July 2019.
Applications must include a cover letter, application form and supporting documents.
While we thank you for your interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
UNOC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from the Albertine Graben are encouraged to apply.
The Job Details and Application Form can be downloaded from Careers at www.unoc.co.ug
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
UGANDA NATIONAL OIL COMPANY
P.O.BOX 36316, KAMPALA
Plot 15, YUSUF LULE ROAD, KAMPALA