Manager – Business Development
Jobs at:The Uganda National Oil Company Limited (UNOC)
Deadline of this Job:
12th July 2019
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Uganda National Oil Company (UNOC) Ltd was established under the Petroleum (Exploration, Development and Production) Act and the Petroleum (Refining, Conversion, Transmission and Midstream storage) Act, both of 2013 and incorporated under the Companies’ Act, 2012. It is a limited liability company wholly owned by the Government of Uganda.
The overall function of UNOC is to handle the State’s commercial interests in the Oil and Gas industry and ensure that the resource is exploited in a sustainable manner.
UNOC now invites applications for persons interested to develop their career with a dynamic results-oriented Company to occupy the following positions
REPORTS TO: Head of Business Development and Project Integration.
JOB PURPOSE: Develop UNOC’s business portfolio in accordance with the Business Joint Venture Roadmap
• Originate, validate and lead prospective portfolio development opportunities according to UNOC’s Joint Venture Roadmap.
• Use strong strategic and analytical abilities, contractual or industry acumen/experience to identify opportunities to deliver portfolio growth including early assessment of risks and barriers to success.
• Apply UNOC’s phased gate approach to all portfolio opportunities to ensure alignment with UNOC’s decision making processes and deliver projects to a Final Investment Decision.
• Interface and coordinate with UNOC’s subsidiaries (National Pipeline Company & Uganda Refinery Holding Company) and Corporate Functions in delivery of any new business and ensuring project integration across the value chain where required.
• Review and synthesize market intelligence data and information with the objective of informed decision making at Board and Executive level in relation to the JV Roadmap.
• Work closely with the Chief Commercial Officer and Head of Business Development and Project Integration to ensure portfolio development is fully aligned and integrated within UNOC’s strategic planning.
• Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Qualifications and attributes:
• A Master’s Degree in either Engineering, Economics, Finance, Business Administration, Project Management or any relevant discipline.
• An Honours Bachelor’s Degree in either Engineering, Economics, Finance, Law, Petroleum Sciences or any relevant discipline.
• Must have at least 10 years working experience in the Energy, Utilities, Minerals or Petroleum sector, including management positions handling commercial negotiations and business origination.
• Knowledge and experience of company legal, engineering, development and commercial processes across the value chain.
• Knowledge and experience of working with Natural Resource / Energy Ministries in developing countries.
• Be commercially astute and possess sound negotiation and leadership skills.
• Have excellent communication and personnel management skills, and a high level of discretion and personal integrity.
• Ability to work under pressure and to work as part of a team.
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree
Job Experience Requirements: 8 years
Job application procedure
The Application together with copies of academic certificates should be addressed and submitted in TRIPLICATE to the address below by 17:00 hours (5:00pm EAT) not later than 12th July 2019.
Applications must include a cover letter, application form and supporting documents.
While we thank you for your interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
UNOC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from the Albertine Graben are encouraged to apply.
The Job Details and Application Form can be downloaded from Careers at www.unoc.co.ug
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
UGANDA NATIONAL OIL COMPANY
P.O.BOX 36316, KAMPALA
Plot 15, YUSUF LULE ROAD, KAMPALA