Market QC at JESA Farm Dairy
Jobs at:JESA Farm Dairy
Deadline of this Job:
02 October 2021
Date Posted: Friday, September 24, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
JESA Farm Dairy is a leading dairy brand in Uganda founded in 1989 by the late Mr. James Mulwana. From its small beginnings producing only raw milk, JESA has grown to become a home grown, commercial success story and a flagship East African consumer brand. Today, the JESA brand, with its wide range of fresh, dairy products namely: fresh pasteurized milk, UHT Milk, Yoghurt, Butter, Fresh Cream and Cream Cheese; has come to symbolize great taste, high quality, and innovation.
A number of vacancies have been created due to expansion of company operations. This is therefore to invite applications from suitably qualified candidates who meet the required job specifications, skillset and experience to fill the following positions at JESA Farm Dairy.
JESA/HR/PDN/25: MARKET QC (01 VACANCY)
To ensure that the quality of raw materials, intermediate products and finished products meets the relevant quality standards. To ensure that food safety and quality management system is implemented and visible in the factory.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
• Finding and removing defected products in the market.
• Giving full support to distributors in terms of maintaining product quality at the distributors ‘depot.
• Draw market heat map on complaints.
• Assess and investigate issues affecting product quality in the marketplace.
• Approve genuine product replacement in the market where Factory defects have been identified.
• Carryout monthly market surveys on any product problem which might be deemed to be factory related in the marketplace.
• Alert back to the Plant on any product problem which might be deemed to be Factory related in the marketplace.
• Report on new dairy products in the market and identify new product development opportunities.
• Collect and send markets samples to the laboratory for analysis.
• Making sure labeling and coding is correct and accurate.
• Handling customer feedback and complaints and passing on issues to the managers where necessary.
• Assessing and rating distributors’ performance in terms of compliance to food safety and quality requirements.
• Training distributors on proper product handling and food safety and quality requirements.
• Work hand in hand with the sales team on the product performance in the market.
• Be the QC in-charge at all JESA owned depots (ensure FIFO is followed, hygiene maintained, auditable records are kept, product handling is per requirement, pest control program is implemented, scheduled maintenance of cold rooms is done, and coolers are working effectively)
• Check that vehicles are maintained clean and that correct loading temperatures are maintained.
QUALIFICATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Basic Qualification Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biology, Food Science obtained from an internationally recognized institution.
A minimum of 2 years’ relevant working experience.
Skillset, Knowledge and Abilities
• Food safety management system
• UHT product troubleshooting
• Chemistry and microbiology analysis.
• Problem Solving.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Kindly submit your Application and Curriculum Vitae (CV) only (NO ACADEMIC DOCUMENTS) in one file and indicate the job title you are applying for in the subject of your email to email@example.com before COB Saturday 02nd October 2021
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.