- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Manager
Jobs at:Abt Associates
Deadline of this Job:
29th November 2019
Date Posted: Monday, November 18, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Abt Associates, a major American business and government research, technical assistance, and consulting company, manages the USAID-funded Vector Control Task Order 1. Task Order 1 supports the U.S. President's Malaria Initiative (PMI) and USAID in planning and implementing an integrated vector control approach with the overall goal of reducing the burden of malaria. Abt has implemented indoor residual spraying (IRS) for PMI since 2010, delivering high-quality IRS programs and gathering the most comprehensive vector control entomological data in the world. Under this contract, Abt will expand entomological monitoring to guide programs focused on insecticide-treated mosquito nets and IRS and continue to assist PMI in reducing the burden of malaria through IRS and capacity building in 22 African countries where malaria is endemic. Abt will also continue to support PMI in IRS monitoring and evaluation, as well as environmental compliance. Abt Associates seeks qualified candidates for the project's operations in Uganda. A brief description and qualification requirements for the position are also listed below
Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Manager Based in Tororo .
• Focuses on the management of the data collection systems for IRS delivery, and the aggregation of all programmatic data, including but not limited to associated training, entomological, and environmental compliance data.
• Establish and support routine M&E systems to support tracking of IRS program activities, progress, and performance.
• Support programmatic monitoring efforts through preparation of regular reports, both for internal and client use, aggregating spray data from dispersed spray teams.
• Design and facilitate trainings for national and district level IRS staff on the project's M&E System and the use of the M&E data collection and supervisory forms.
• Demonstrated ability to work with a minimum of direction and supervision.
• Demonstrated ability to work both as a member of a team and as a team leader, with the ability to accept the inputs of other team members.
• Strong management and planning skills of project tasks and budgets.
• Demonstrates leadership and team work and produces high quality work in a timely, cost effective manner and has excellent writing skills.
• Excellent interpersonal communications and organizational skills.
• Excellent computer skills, computer software programs, including MSWord, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Experience with USAID funded programs and/or other international development experience.
• English language fluency.
• Degree in a relevant health sector field.
• Experience in MS Access, DHIS II and GIS applications.
• GPS measurement data collection is desirable.
• Experience and familiarity with USAID M&E, and performance monitoring.
• Strong analytic and quantitative database management skills, budgeting and report writing.
• At least 10 years relevant experience
• Bachelor's Degree plus 8 years relevant experience,
• Master’s Degree (desirable) plus 6 years relevant experience, or a PhD and 4 years relevant experience.
Job Education Requirements: Degree
Job Experience Requirements: 10 years
Job application procedure
• All candidates should send applications to VCUgandaRecruiting@pmivectorlink.com with the position title in the subject line of the email.
• Documentation required to be considered includes a Cover Page, CV, biodata form, payslip from the most recent position held, copies of educational certificates/ degrees, and contact information of at least 3 references we can contact (must include email addresses and phone numbers).
• Candidates selected for an interview will be sent a more detailed job description in advance of the interview.
• Applications that do not follow these instructions, or that do not meet the stated minimum qualification requirements, will not be considered.
Deadline for submission of your application is Friday November 29th 2019
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. Abt Associates Inc, is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disability and Female Candidates are encouraged to apply. Any form of Canvassing shall lead to Automatic Disqualification
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.