National Office Accountant
Jobs at:Ayuda en Acción
Deadline of this Job:
26 July 2020
Date Posted: Tuesday, July 07, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
NATIONAL OFFICE ACCOUNTANT
Founded in 1981, Ayuda en Acción is an international NGO that operates in more than 20 countries of Africa, Latin America, Asia and Europe. Ayuda en Acción is committed to the values that stem from respect for Human Rights and that believes in the need to generate changes that make social justice possible, by addressing the causes that cause inequality of opportunities, social exclusion and poverty. Ayuda en Acción has been in Uganda for over 20 years and is now in the process of establishing itself stronger, in order to expand impact by creating more partnerships and work projects implemented through partners as well as direct implementation. Ayuda en Acción is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Objectives of the Position
Ayuda en Acción is recruiting experienced candidates to support the Administration and Finance Department, being responsible for the accountancy of the Ugandan National Programme while ensuring compliance to the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and standards (IFRS); ensuring the good management and use of the financial, human, material and technological resources available, complying to the applicable regulations; supporting other operational areas of the organization, partners, communities, public institutions and other relevant actors to achieve the organization's objectives. .
• Post daily financial transactions (cash and banks) in the accounting system ensuring their compliance with IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standard) and the Spanish general accounting plan;
• Maintain and update archives of all administrative documentation in hard & soft copies;
• Follow-up accountabilities on all funds disbursed to staff to ensure timely liquidation of advance funds;
• Petty cash payments management and monthly cash reconciliation;
• Timely Prepare payments to suppliers and submit them for approval;
• Assure compliance with legal, accounting and tax local regulations;
• Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial & accounting reports in accordance with the established guidelines and deadlines;
• Monitor the financial execution in order to identify and correct budgetary deviations in a timely manner for an effective contribution to the Ayuda en Acción objectives;
• Management and control of the cash positions ensuring adequate liquidity levels at all times for Ayuda en Acción project’s implementation and perform monthly bank reconciliations;
• Ensure compliance with Tax obligations: prepare URA, local taxes & NSSF forms and payments;
• Support in the management of the human resources area: timely preparation of accurate payrolls, maintain and update personnel information records, etc;
• Support procurement procedures and assure inventory control, in accordance with the internal regulations established by the organization and donors;
• Follow up on external/internal audits, accounting and projects’ execution processes;
• Monitor and perform comprehensive evaluations within of the control of the accounting, tax and financial management, developing and guaranteeing the sustainability of the processes carried out;
• Enhance the implementation of best practices and internal control mechanisms in the resources management;
• Perform any other duties as may be requested or assigned by the National Administrator.
Qualities and key skills
• Problem solving and innovation;
• Results orientation;
• Pro Active, fast learner, cooperative and organized behavior.
Job offer conditions
• Immediate incorporation;
• Full-time job;
• Work Center: based in Kampala;
• Remuneration in accordance with the Ayuda en Acción remuneration policy.
• University Studies in Finance/Accounting or related. Valued: Chartered Accountant
• Minimum of 05 years of experience in a comparable position, preferably in an INGO setting;
• High skills in office software (Excel, Power Point, Word, etc.);
• High skills in financial ERP (knowledge of SAP ERP will be a plus);
• Excellent communication skills in English (spoken and written);
• Availability to travel within the field programme area;
• Proficiency in labour, accountancy and tax legislation in force.
Job Education: University Studies in Finance/Accounting
Job Experience: 5 years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should register in the link as follows no later than the 26th of July:
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.