News Reporter / Anchor/ Presenter (2)
Jobs at:Forum for Women in Democracy(FOWODE)
Deadline of this Job:
20 November 2020
Date Posted: Thursday, November 19, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Forum for Women in Democracy is a women's non governmental organization based in Kampala. FOWODE birthed and launched SPEAK FM in 2012. The Radio is a non-partisan community radio based in Gulu whose aim is to reach thousands of people in the greater Acholi and Lango sub-region, empowering then to champion issues of gender equality, democracy, civic education, participation and livelihoods through excellent broad cast for better choices.
SPEAK FM Radio wishes to add to her team in Gulu, competent, results driven, dynamic and selfdriven individuals and is seeking applications to fill the vacant posts.
Position: News Reporter / Anchor/ Presenter (2)
Reports to: News Editor
Gather, write, and inform the public about news and events happening internationally, nationally and locally.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Research topics and stories that have been assigned by the editor and follow up on updates; have them written and/or recorded according to the required house style.
2. To find and tell the stories that make up the news or current affairs output for the station, always following the guidelines, style and core values set by the station.
3. Review articles for accuracy and proper style and grammar.
4. Write and translate scripts both in Luo and English.
5. Identify and develop relationship with experts and contacts who provide tips and leads on stories.
6. Conduct interviews and prepare news sound bites.
7. Prepare Weekly reportage or read news bulletin.
8. Develop digital content for the radio.
9. Weekly Production of Radio features.
10. On standby to present programs and to read the announcements, whenever necessary.
11. Prepare and present the weekly news review program.
Degree or Diploma in any of the following: communication, Media studies, Mass communication, Journalism, broadcast journalism.
• At least 1-2 years in news reporting
• Excellent use of social media
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor's Degree/Diploma
Job Experience Requirements: 1-2 years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
It is desirable that candidates know both Luo and English. However, lack of knowledge of Luo will not be a determinant for suitable candidates.
Interested applicants should submit their applications and curriculum vitae to the following link on the FOWODE website. Suitably qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Applications should be sent not later than 20" November 2020 at 5.00pm. Please do not attach your academic documents.
We do appreciate your interest to work with SPEAK FM. However, we regret that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.