Reconciliation Officer-Agency Banking
Jobs at:BRAC Uganda Bank Ltd
Deadline of this Job:
04 September 2020
Date Posted: Wednesday, August 26, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
BRAC Uganda Bank Ltd launched on 25 April 2019 and attained its current status following a very successful background having become the largest Microfinance Institution operating in Uganda covering 84 districts through 163 branches targeting Micro, Small and Medium Entrepreneurs in Uganda. BUBL promotes financial inclusion by extending financial services to the unserved and underserved. With over 231,000 active loan accounts and over 180Bn loan book with a 97% recovery rate, operationally and financially self-sustaining. To enable us to serve our customers better with a wide range of products and services, we were awarded a tier II Credit Institution license and joined a list of financial institutions regulated by Bank of Uganda, Thus the need to fill the following positions to meet the ever growing customer base:
Job Title: Reconciliation Officer-Agency Banking
Reports to: Supervisor Reconciliations
Purpose: To ensure end to end reconciliation of all agency originated transactions that float limits are adhered to end that timely refunds and reversals of unsuccessful transactions to customers are executed on time. .
• Daily agents float reconciliations
• Daily customer transactions reversal schedules for finance approval of reversals
• Initiate the urgency float replenishment
• Reconcile all internal GLs affected by agency banking transactions daily
• Support the Digital Finance Solutions in testing all agency related innovations to improve uptake.
• Preparing operational reports for management and Central Bank as required.
• Generate daily and month end reconciliation reports.
• General Ledger reconciliations
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Statistics
• CPA/ACCA is added advantage
• Min 2-year experience in the financial industry
• Experience in, corporate finance, financial planning and analysis, investment and other related fields.
• Knowledge of accounting, operational and financial reporting.
• Strong working knowledge of Excel
• Excellent Analytical, decision making and problem-solving skills
• High level of attention to detail
• Self-starter with Strong interpersonal/ communication skills;
• Attention to accuracy and detail
• Ability to work to deadlines
Job Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Job Experience: 2-years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should email their application letter, Curriculum Vitae, copies of relevant academic documents, IN PDF FILE mentioning the job tittle as the subject matter to: email@example.com NOT later than Friday 04 September 2020. All applications should be addressed to the Head of Human Resource and Training BRAC Uganda Bank Ltd.
Please consider yourself unsuccessful if you do not here from us within 02 months
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.