- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Reporting & Compliance Officer, SUPREME Programme
Jobs at:World Vision
Deadline of this Job:
18 July 2020
Date Posted: Tuesday, July 07, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Position: Reporting & Compliance Officer, SUPREME Programme
Report to: Program Manager, SUPREME Programme
Location: West Nile, Uganda
Purpose of the position:
To support the SUPREME Project to achieve its strategic objectives through; production of high quality communication resources, hosting and handling VIP/ Donor visits, working with staff to support grant acquisition and retention of donors, responding to support office communications, requests and needs, managing reputation risk issues, media relations, branding and visibility needs.
The role of the reporting and compliance officer, is to make sure that World Vision is conducting its business in full compliance with all national and international laws and regulations that pertain to emergency, as well as professional standards, accepted humanitarian practices. There is both an ethical component and a pragmatic component to compliance - a role that is crucial in helping organizations manage risk, maintain a positive reputation, and avoid lawsuits. .
• Provide program oversight, ensuring the program is meeting reporting & compliance standards, goals and implementation objectives as per program strategy.
• Understand the needs and situation in the field and communicate these to the grants acquisition team through quarterly needs and gap analysis.
• Ensure that all emergency response projects have clear exit or transition strategies established and implemented during project implementation period leading to sustainability of project interventions.
• Participate in strategic organization meetings including strategic planning and progress review meetings. Advise the Associate Response Director and the Senior Leadership team on the strategic direction of the project.
• Fair and modest: Willing to scrutinize all the facts without making a snap judgment, and interview any relevant employees for their perspective
Support the strategic objectives through;
• Production of high quality communication resources, hosting and handling VIP/ Donor visits, working with programs to support grant acquisition and retention of donors, responding to support office communications requests and needs, managing reputation risk issues, media relations, branding and visibility needs.
• Proactive: A honed alertness and vigilance to potential breaches in compliance. This means actively enforcing a mandatory reporting policy and seeking out any weakness in organizational dealings.
• Promote compliance, communicate expectations and provide constructive feedback via regular reviews
• Provide team members with information, tools and other resources to improve performance and reach objectives
• Should model appropriate behavior as a WV leader and should be exemplary to staff.
• Ensure that all WV staff care policies are implemented including but not limited to the Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA)
Enhanced documentation of Programmes through gathering sector-based communication materials for Support office use/Media/social media and Donor engagement
• Lead effective planning (including staff, procurement and budget planning), management, implementation, monitoring and reporting of all projects in close collaboration with support functions i.e. procurement, logistics, P&C Safety and Security and Administration).
• Ensure that the plans are implemented within overall timeframes, leaving room to adapt the process as necessary, bearing in mind this is a changing context
• Provide regular feedback to key stakeholders, most notably community members
• Identify, report & refer operational blockages caused by external actors to Liaison to be addressed through advocacy
• Ensure all Project Managers are aware of Donor standards as per Grant Agreements
• Oversee the transition of the projects including asset, staff and stakeholder management.
• Identifying, documentation and dissemination of most significant change/ Need stories and best practices for profile raising (hard news, feature stories, VLOG’s and pictorials.
Networking and Collaboration
• Represent World Vision at local coordination and interagency meetings
• Participate and provide contributions to joint agency assessments, task-force teams and workshops as required and in collaboration with the Associate Response Director.
• Attend interagency coordination meetings, making sure sector leads participate in the sector working group meetings, coordinating with OPM, UN and Local Government in matters that relate to WV operations in the area.
• Ensure regular flow of communication between field sites, program office and through the Associate Response Director and the GAM team support offices and the greater World Vision Partnership
• Build effective working relationship with partners who represent the community beneficiaries with whom World Vision is working.
• Negotiate at Area level, make agreements and understandings, and establish standards and working agreements.
Monitoring & Reporting
• Oversee the development of and submission of quality project reports in accordance with donor guidelines and templates.
• Ensure the utilization of the information from the M&E reports and contribute to the collection of M&E data for the Response and National Office integrated M&E database as per agreed schedule.
• Manage grant projects information and documentation processes, and ensure effective communication of the program/project results.
• Develop and implement operations reporting systems to support timely and accurate reporting
• Maintain a database/file of all Projects Documents (Proposals, Grant Agreements, Budgets, Log Frames, Monthly/Quarterly/End of project Reports, etc.)
• Provide internal monthly reports (progress against planned activities, expense against estimated budget, etc.) of program and grant project activities to the Regional Operations Manager as per agreed schedule
• Ensuring all journalists/media crews get media accreditation before they proceed to the response location. This has to be procured before they reach Uganda.
• Ensuring all VIP guests are treated with utmost professionalism, care and that all their needs and expectations are met.
• Supporting in gathering content during field visits (Photos, captions, short clips)
• Making sure all visitors are briefed about media guidelines and they sign child protection protocols before going to the field.
Brand management, Visibility and reputation risk management
• Work closely with field and program teams to consistently identify challenges and risks surrounding our work in various operation areas. Work with the Associate Response Director and national office to Prepare key messages and Q&A’s for all potential risk issues and share them with support offices.
• Ensuring all field programs and staff have adequate branding and visibility materials with proper messaging and logos.
• Work with program teams to come up with annual visibility material plans right at the inception of the project
• Ensuring that donor logos appear on all branded materials for the projects they fund
• Ensuring proper usage of the World Vision international logo on all branded materials
• Build the technical capacity of staff and partners in order to carry out effective documentation and communication.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• A Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Development Studies or Social Sciences.
• 3 - 5 years’ experience in the same or related field preferable with a busy organization.
• Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently.
• Excellent self-motivation skills.
• Excellent communications skills in English, both oral and written
• Previous experience in refugee programming in any settlements in Uganda
• Good computer application proficiency especially Microsoft Office
• Must be able to stand above religious and cultural diversities.
Job Qualifications: Not Specified
Job Education: Bachelor’s degree
Job Experience: 3 - 5 years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Please submit your application and complete Curriculum Vitae, to Website: https://careers.wvi.org/job-opportunities-in-uganda
Address your application to the People & Culture Specialist, Recruitment, World Vision Uganda
Deadline for receiving applications is, 18th July 2020. (Qualified natives of West Nile region are particularly encouraged to apply)
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.