Senior Nutrition Officer WFP
Jobs at:Lutheran World Federation
Deadline of this Job:
15 August 2020
Date Posted: Tuesday, August 11, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
LWF World Service is the humanitarian and development arm of the Lutheran World Federation. We are a widely recognized, international, faith-based organization working in over 20 countries. We seek to bring people of all backgrounds together in the universal quest for justice, peace, and reconciliation in an increasingly complex and fragmented world.
A commitment to the human rights of every individual, regardless of their status, guides our work, actions, and operations. We are mainly known for our timely, compassionate, and professional humanitarian work and our field presence in hard-to-reach areas. Our job is people-centered and community-based. Above all, we work with the most vulnerable, and to claim and uphold their rights, we engage proactively with local government and community structures.
Lutheran World Federation (LWF) Uganda is part of the LWF World Service, and we are currently supporting Congolese and South Sudanese refugees living in settlements in the districts of Kamwenge, Adjumani, Moyo, Kyangwali, and Lamwo respectively.
For more information about LWF World Service, please check: https://www.lutheranworld.org/WorldService
The LWF Uganda is looking for mature, qualified, and experienced persons for the following position;
Job Title: Senior Nutrition Officer WFP (1)
Place of Assignment: Parolinya/Obongi Refugee Settlement
Reports to: Team Leader (Head of Sub Office)
Job Summary: Senior Nutrition Officer will be responsible for: .
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Project implementation and Management
• Practical, timely and quality execution of Nutrition interventions
• Project documents followed in the implementation of planned activities
• Project interventions directed to the right beneficiaries
• Food stores well managed according to SOPS
• Conduct regular project performance evaluations to inform programming
Capacity building and Human Resource Management
• Ensure Sector staff understand their roles and responsibilities, project
expectations and work towards achieving them
• Ensure effective communication following the right channels
• Sector staff and partners understand the project expectation and
• Generate periodical work plans, report on sector activities and ensure that the Project's objectives/outputs are achieved according to the work plans and within the contracted project period according to donor guidelines
• Ensure timely procurement of required project items/supplies in line with LWF policies, guidance, and procedures;
• Monitor the project expenditures against the available budget closely.
• Promotes good networking relations with relevant local authorities, district local government, community leaders, civil society/non-governmental organizations, collaborating/implementing partners, and other stakeholders where appropriate;
• Takes prompt and proper action to resolve any existing and anticipated problems and address the concerns of stakeholders;
• Oversees and coordinates the LWF Nutrition project following the LWF policies and procedures, as well as donor guidelines, including the use of Rights-Based Approach (RBA
• Work with other LWF sectors and partners in ensuring comprehensive knowledge support for beneficiaries and the integration of nutrition-sensitive activities.
• Performs a central role in coordinating nutrition technical working group and ensure functional DNCC/SNCCs in the implementation districts.
Special Skills, Aptitude, or Personality Requirements:
• Problem Solving and Decision-Making skills;
• Ability to inspire and build the capacity of field staff,
• Good interpersonal skills and excellent negotiation skills;
• Information Technology (MS Office, EXCEL, Internet);
• Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines
• Good team player with excellent communication skills:
• Ability to exercise sound judgment, to remain flexible to a changing environment, and to make decisions independently.
• Valid riding license
Qualifications, Experience, Essential Skills & Technical Competencies Required
• Bachelor's Degree in Human Nutrition and Dietetics, Food science and technology or Public Health with a minimum of 4 years' experience in direct nutrition and public health implementation.
• Postgraduate training in Project Planning and Management/ Public health is desirable
• Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Nutrition governance and programming in Uganda.
• Diplomatic and culturally sensitive.
Job Education: Not Specified
Job Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Application Procedure: Candidates who are interested in the above jobs should submit an updated CV and Application letter giving a daytime telephone contact and email addresses of 3 (three), work-related referees, only through our recruitment email firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the job title in the email subject.
Hand-delivered applications can also be sent to our offices in Kampala. Please indicate the position you have applied for on the top of the parcel addressed to:
The Human Resource Manager
Lutheran World Federation
Plot 1401, Ggaba, Road next to Quality Hill
P. O. Box 5827
Deadline for receiving application is Friday, August 15th, 2020 by 5:00 pm
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.