Senior Project Assistant, Compliance (Program Integrity Guidelines)
Jobs at:International Organization for Migration
Deadline of this Job:
11 August 2021
Date Posted: Tuesday, August 03, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Position Title : Senior Project Assistant, Compliance (Program Integrity Guidelines)
Reference No : VN/UG/003/2021
Duty Station : Kampala, Uganda
Classification : Employee, Graded Equivalent G6
Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 11 August 2021
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants. IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy and are considered as first-tier candidates
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPE
IOM provides a range of services and support to the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP) including, but not limited to case processing, migration health assessments, cultural orientation training, organized transportation and arrival to the United States, and administration of a travel loan and collections program. In order to continue to maintain and strengthen the integrity of the USRAP, IOM (in coordination with the donor) is implementing Program Integrity Guidelines across all USRAP activities. The Senior Project Assistant, Compliance will have an important role in assisting IOM Country Offices in the Region with USRAP responsibilities (including UGANDA) to develop compliance with, implement and measure various elements of the Program Integrity Guidelines.
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Operations for GLWA, (Movement Operations), the technical supervision of the Health Assessment Programme Coordinator (Migration Health), and in close coordination with the USRAP Oversight Officer, the Senior Project Assistant, Compliance (Program Integrity Guidelines), has the following duties and responsibilities:
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
1. Oversee and undertake compliance activities related specifically to the implementation of the USRAP Program Integrity Guidelines in the areas of Movement Operations and Migration Health in West and Great Lakes Region.
2. In close coordination with the Project Manager and USRAP Oversight Officer, assist in the design and implementation of assessments, surveys, and other tools and activities pertaining to the USRAP Program Integrity Guidelines.
3. Ensure a high quality of data by confirming accurate collection, entering, maintaining, safeguarding and reporting of data related to USRAP Program Integrity Guidelines elements.
4. Assist in increasing staff’s knowledge of the requirements of the USRAP Program Integrity Guidelines through regular, accurate information sharing, advising Project Managers, answering staff questions, and providing trainings.
5. In coordination with the Movement Operations and MHD Project Managers, develop plans to facilitate full compliance with the Program Integrity Guidelines and address any compliance violations.
6. As necessary, provide technical and administrative support to the Project Managers and USRAP Oversight Officer in identifying and adjusting approaches to compliance with the USRAP Program Integrity Guidelines requirements.
7. Organize, coordinate and maintain detailed records of documents and activities pertaining to the compliance with the USRAP Program Integrity Guidelines.
8. Support Project Managers and the USRAP Global Team in using USRAP Program Integrity Guidelines information effectively for decision-making.
9. Compile information and draft, edit and design annual USRAP Program Integrity Guidelines reports.
10. In close coordination with the USRAP Oversight Officer in Washington, DC, support monitoring and evaluation activities including, if assigned, planning monitoring and evaluation activities; designing monitoring and evaluation mechanisms, such as surveys, interview protocols and focus group topics; administering surveys, interviews and focus groups; analyzing monitoring and evaluation data; and reporting on data to relevant persons.
11. Maintain and promote the confidentiality and integrity of all relevant paperwork in line with standards of conduct and data protection rules. Alert Head of Operations for GLWA, (Movement Operations) or management of any non-compliance to SOPs or codes of conduct by IOM staff members or partners
12. Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the USRAP, SOPs and WRAPS, as well as the ability to remain professional, impartial and unbiased during all interactions with refugee applicants, colleagues and partners. Support the development and implementation of SOPs as needed.
13. Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
• Completed University degree in statistics, business administration/management, economics, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with four years of work experience
Completed secondary education with six years of relevant working experience.
• At least 4-6 years of relevant experience (please see above) such as office/business administration, customer service, record keeping, compliance, monitoring and evaluation, clerical duties, etc.
• Experience in creating and maintaining computer and paper files;
• Prior experience with tools and strategies for data collection and analysis, and production of reports preferred;
• Experience with USRAP programs;
• Experience with USRAP processing systems, such as WRAPs, MiMOSA, etc
• Experience working in a multi-cultural setting
• Thorough knowledge of English language;
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
• Attention to detail and ability to organize;
• Self-motivated, objective driven and able to use own initiative and work under pressure with minimum supervision;
• Computer/software literate with good knowledge in Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat;
• Fluent in English (both oral and written) is requires and working knowledge French language is an advantage.
• Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioral indicators level 1
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following behavioral competencies:
a. Accountability- Takes ownership for achieving the organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delighted work.
b. Communication – Encourages and contributes to clear and open communication. Explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
c. Teamwork – Develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
d. Delivering results – produces and delivers quality services in a service-oriented and timely manner. Is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
e. Managing and sharing knowledge- Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested applicants may send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 11th August 2021. Reference Number and Position Title: VN/UG/003/2021 - Senior Project Assistant, Compliance (Program Integrity Guidelines) should be specified in the SUBJECT field.
Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
Deadline: 11th August 2021
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.