Senior Software Engineer
Jobs at:Agilis Partners Group
Deadline of this Job:
29 October 2021
Date Posted: Friday, October 15, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Agilis is Uganda’s leading grain and oilseed business with a mission to empower Ugandans to feed Africa. We supply maize, soybean and other agricultural commodities sourced from our own 6,000 hectares of primary production and over 15,000 third-party small-scale producers (SSPs) to food and animal feed processors across East Africa. Founded in 2013, Agilis is at the forefront of agricultural development in East Africa. Agilis’s Commodity, Digital and Innovation strategies work in-unison to realize Agilis’s vision of a prosperous, secure and sustainable African food system, originating in Uganda.
About the Senior Software Engineer Role
The Senior Software Engineer role will be key for the Agilis Partners team. Reporting to the Project Lead, the Senior Software Engineer will be working alongside a Software developer, Business Analyst, Integration Lead and solution providers to implement the technology and product deliverables that will achieve the strategic vision of Agilis Partners.
The Senior Software Engineers will be critical to ensure the highest coding standards and quality of deliverables. A Senior Software Engineer will be expected to both lead and mentor less experienced developers. The project will be delivered in an Agile format with direction from Product management.
• Development of new User Interface features and functionality for the Agilis Marketplace.
• Production and execution of unit tests as and where required
• Active participant in reviews for products and services delivered across the wider team
• Ensuring code quality is maintained for products and services.
• Ensuring that UI features and functionality adhere to agreed corporate and product UX standards and design guidelines
• Ensuring that all products and services have agreed levels of test coverage
• Review of detailed release documentation for handover to “BAU” teams
• Maintenance of relevant technical sections of the internal technical documents.
• Mentorship of less experienced Software Engineers
• Active contribution to the overall product strategy for the product deliverables, including input into decisions about UI test frameworks
• Proactively identify and address areas of improvement, notably around UI performance and code complexity.
• Act as an authority on UI best practices, both in terms of technology and design, but also UX and SEO requirements
• Active understanding of solutions architecture and design, including KPI definition.
• Ability to input into high level estimates of software deliverables for planning purposes
• Ensuring continuous quality improvement
• Ensure that all team members have a clear understanding of the overall front-end architecture and design components.
• Knowledge of Agile development processes and scrum roles and responsibilities
Knowledge & Experience
• A Bachelor's degree in a traditional science subject, ideally computer science, engineering or information systems.
• Experience with offline-first mobile apps and frameworks.
• Ability to document technical solutions in a variety of formats and to constructively share knowledge with less experienced team members
• Ability to learn and critique new technologies quickly
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentations to peer groups
• Excellent teamwork skills, capable of supervising a small team
• Experience in contributing to and influencing technical strategic planning or responsibility for a technical strategy
Technical skills of relevance:
• At minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience developing mobile or web applications, of which:
• At least 2 years using one or more popular web frameworks (JSF, Drupal, GWT, Spring MVC etc.)
• A least 2 years developing UIs
Extensive and demonstrable experience understanding of:
• Web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
• Server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
• Asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
• Extensive understanding of general UX principles for web applications, including responsive and adaptive design principles
• Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image
• A strong understanding of SEO principles
• General understanding of the use of Docker, Ansible, Maven, Jenkins, Sonar and Git (BitBucket)
• Some knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate etc.)
• Some experience with Node.js
• Some Knowledge in Python (maybe PHP) and PostgreSQL or MySQL would be beneficial
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their updated CVs, academic documents and any other supporting document AS ONE PDF DOCUMENT to email@example.com
Deadline: 29th October, 2021
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.