Specialist, National Health
Jobs at:ChildFund International
Deadline of this Job:
21 February 2021
Date Posted: Tuesday, February 09, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
To provide leadership for effective management of the health programme through strategic visioning, operational efficiency, and effective development amongst communities where CHILDFUND works; and provides direct technical advice to all health related programme interventions. The Health Specialist will support the achievement of health interventions within ChildFund Country Program across all stages of the program cycle through relevant, timely and effective support to the program teams. .
• ChildFund International is committed to a workplace culture that promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion in all its forms. Furthermore, ChildFund International is committed to ensuring a workplace that safeguards and protects all children, including preventing their sexual exploitation and abuse, as well as preventing the sexual exploitation and abuse of its staff, partners, and program participants.
• Work with Programme teams to improve quality of programming by facilitating integration of areas of excellence in program designs using the Organizational program theory of change, and holistic approach in addressing risks and vulnerabilities of infants, children, and youth.
• Support the Local Partners in the technical design of their Strategic plans, annual operating plans, and budgets.
• Leads the development, implementation and monitoring of the strategies in the program areas regarding the health program interventions.
• Liaises with M&E Specialist to ensure the development of key indicators for quality program delivery.
• Participates in monitoring and evaluating programs to ensure effectiveness, timeliness and efficiency, and compliance with organizational standards.
• Leads in supporting the evaluation process of all programs/projects under the area of expertise and supervision (as may be assigned)
• Liaises with the M&E Specialist to ensure programs and projects are regularly documented and learnings shared broadly with the key stakeholders.
• Coaches key staff assigned to the health grants.
• Regularly builds and nurtures relationships with donors, and like-minded non-government organizations to build and maintain strategic networks.
• Participates in the development of concept notes and grant project proposals for the health programme portfolio.
• Performs any other duties that may from time to time be assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• A Bachelor’s degree in Medical Sciences is essential. A postgraduate qualification in project management courses is desirable.
• A minimum of six (6) years hands on experience in a similar job area preferably with a child focused development organization
• Extensive understanding of the health sector, policy frameworks and systems the region
• Demonstrable experience in working with National Ministry of Health and Local Governments Departments of Health staff in health systems strengthening and evidence-based planning.
• Experience in the designing and implementation of donor driven health projects/programs
• High level of people management and mentoring skills.
• Able to work with multisectoral teams and across diverse cultures
Job Education: Not Specified
Job Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
To Apply Click Here https://childfundinternational.secure.force.com/careers/fRecruit__ApplyJob?vacancyNo=VN800
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.