Technical Advisor –District Information Management WatSSUP
Deadline of this Job:
14 March 2021
Date Posted: Friday, February 26, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The GIZ Programme "Support to UNHCR in implementation of Global Compact on Refugees (GCR) in the Humanitarian Development Peace Nexus" (SUN—GCR) is looking for a full-time District Information Management Advisor based in Arua.
"The GCR and Comprehensive Refugee Response Framework (CRRF) set out new ways of responding to situations of forced displacement. Together with national governments, UNHCR is facilitating the implementation of these frameworks with the aim of enhancing international burden- and responsibility sharing and developing long—term solutions for protracted refugee situations. Uganda currently host around 1.4 million refugees and is at the forefront of piloting the CRRF by integrating refugees into national development planning and service delivery. As front-line service providers, DLGs play a key role in ensuring that humanitarian interventions beneﬁt local host communities and support resilience in refugee hosting areas.
Districts are currently in the process of operationalizing the newly adopted National Development Plan III (NDP III) and are increasingly including refugees and humanitarian support in their planning processes (e.g. hand—over, care and maintenance of water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) facilities to national utilities). As many DLGs do not have the resources to keep a comprehensive overview of humanitarian and development interventions and investments in their areas, information management has been identiﬁed as a priority area for capacity development across DLGs. Developing information systems will be the ﬁrst step to enable DLGs to take the lead in coordinating the refugee response and ensuring that humanitarian investments beneﬁt the overall local development in the longer run.
As part of Germany’s commitment to support the implementation of the GCR in Uganda and in addition to CRRF support at sector level, SUN-GCR works with the Government of Uganda and UNHCR in two key areas: CRRF knowledge management and district engagement in CRRF processes and decision-making. The project component in Uganda is linked to the programme "Water Supply and Sanitation for Refugee Settlements and Host Communities in Northern Uganda" (WatSSUP) that is implemented jointly by GIZ and the Ministry of Water and Environment (MWE).
GIZ is recruiting a Technical Advisor- District Information Management to support selected refugee hosting districts in developing a pilot data and information management system in the WASH sector the West-Nile region.
Title: Technical Advisor –District Information Management WatSSUP
Reports to: Head of Programme- WatSSUP
Location: Arua with frequent travel within west Nile
Contract duration: April 2021- August 2022
Ref. No: GIZ-WatSSUP/TA-DIM/022108
We encourage women, people with; disabilities and minority groups to apply for this position. GIZ is committed to equal opportunities and diversity of perspective at the working place..
Technical Advisor- District Information Management will be in charge of:
• in close cooperation with the CRRF Secretariat and the Ministry of Local Government, support implementation of the CRRF District; Coordination Road Map with a speciﬁc focus on information management in selected refugee hosting districts in ‘Nest Nile.
• Support the districts in data and information; management in the WASH sector for refugees: and host communities.
• identify experiences and lessons learned from setting up a data and information management system in the WASH sector that are transferrable to other sectors.
• Strengthen DLG information management and data collection capacities (in close cooperation with relevant CRRF stakeholders).
• Support information-ﬂow between CRRF stakeholders (incl. government, development actors and humanitarian partners) at district level and strengthen CRRF coordination structures.
• Strengthen district capacities in information management and data collection
• Conduct comprehensive assessment of district information management capacities and systems.
• Conceptualize and support implementation of pilot data management system for the WASH sector, responding to data needs in refugee hosting districts (in close coordination with MOLG, MWE, and CRRF Secretariat through GIZ SUN-GCR Kampala/WatSSUP).
• Support close cooperation between District Water Officers, humanitarian actors and development partners.
• Conduct regular trainings for DLGs and partners on data collection (in cooperation with UNHCR).
Strengthen alignment of district coordination and CRRF strategies and plans
• Liaise with Development Partners Group Sub—Group on District Coordination and Support mapping of DP support at district level for CRRF DPG sub-group on district coordination.
• Enhance alignment of district data collection systems to CRRF strategies, plans, and tools including the knowledge management platform (to be developed) and the Water Environment Refugee Response Plan.
• Strengthen cooperation between Water and Environment Sector Response Plan (WESRP) Secretariat and DLGS and support WERSP monitoring.
• Support CRRF Secretariat in monitoring progress in the implementation of the CRRF National Plan of Action.
• Develop lessons learned and best practices regarding host community information management.
Other Duties/Additional Tasks
• Regularly update GIZ Refugee Task Force on challenges and priorities in district coordination and support reporting to GIZ HQ and BMZ.
• Closely collaborate with GIZ SUN Knowledge Management and District Engagement Advisors in Kampala and WatSSUP in Kampala and Arua.
• Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management.
• Master's degree in social sciences, political science, public administration, or international relations
• At least 5 years of professional experience in the ﬁeld of local government, refugee support, development cooperation or similar ﬁeld.
• Excellent understanding of the refugee response in Uganda and the institutional framework of the CRRF in Uganda.
• Demonstrated knowledge of planning processes and coordination structures at district level; experience of working in and/or with local governments, preferably in refugee or other humanitarian setting.
• Experience in working with the MWE and its agencies or similar experience in the WASH sector is preferred.
• Comprehensive experience in monitoring and evaluation, information and knowledge management; sound understanding of digital data management tools.
• Strong communication skills and ability to network and manage multi-stakeholder processes, build and maintain professional relationships with government, humanitarian and development partners as well as private sector.
• Excellent knowledge of MS Ofﬁce (especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint), proﬁcient use of online meeting tools such as MS Teams, WebEx etc
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
All interested and qualified persons are strongly encouraged to apply by email to email@example.com .
Applications and CVs should be in one document and a maximum of 5 pages only. Please include name and contact of three references in the CVs. Please quote the position and reference number in the subject line. Applications should be received by 5.00pm on the 14th March 2021.
Please note: This is a national position. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted
We encourage women, people with disabilities and minority groups to apply for this position. GIZ Is committed to equal opportunities and diversity of perspective at the working place.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.