Human Resource Officer- (Payroll and Employee Relations)
Jobs at:National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA)
Deadline of this Job:
19 May 2023
Date Posted: Wednesday, May 17, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Human Resource Officer- (Payroll and Employee Relations) Manager, Human Resource NIR 6
To coordinate the payroll and administration of other staff
Key Responsibilities & Duties
• Assists in the preparation and processing of the payroll for all company employees, ensuring comprehensive- ness, timeliness and accuracy.
• Collates and inputs of all relevant information for monthly payroll (including new starters, leavers, ben- efits, contract changes etc.) and ensuring appropriate documentation and authorization.
• Works with the Finance department to ensure timely tax returns and other statutory returns and remittances.
• Handles queries and provides guidance to staff and managers in relation to pay, insurance, statutory deduc- tions, staff benefits and related policies and procedures. 5. Maintains detailed records and documentation of payroll functions for audit/compliance purposes, in accordance with statutory and/or other requirements.
• Monitors and maintains information in relation to employee records - leave, overtime, HR trends etc. Participates in the preparation of HR reports as required from time to time
• Assists in the administration of employee programmes (e.g. health benefits, Gratuity, pension, and so on)
• Liaises with insurers/service providers on issues of medical, workman's compensation and related claims and/or queries.
• Supports the department in compilation and submission of salary survey or other staff survey data.
• Continually monitors and updates HR statistical data to ensure trends are accurately reported.
• Works in collaboration with department managers and supervisors to plan Leave and manage the annual leave calendar in line with the Leave Policy and proce- dures.
• Participates in the development and maintenance of HR | Required qualifications and experience: Information systems as updated from time to time
• Supports HR Department in handling staff issues
• related to welfare including health, death and other staff benefits
• Coordinates the provision of adequate welfare services and facilities to all employees and advise the HR Manager on staff discipline and other HR legislations according to the organization policy
• Performs any other duties which may be assigned from time to time by the Manager Human Resource or other authorized party.
Required qualifications and experience:
• An Honor's bachelor's degree in Human Resource or Organizational Psychology, Social Sciences, Business Administration or other relevant field from a recognized institution.
• A Post graduate qualification in Human Resource Management would be an added advantage.
• A minimum of three years (3) relevant working experience in a reputable public or private organization. Previous experience administering payroll in a busy environment is a plus
• Computer literacy-working knowledge of MS office with medium to advanced Excel skills
• High level of integrity and confidentiality in dealing with payroll and other HR related issues
• Excellent Communication and interpersonal skills
• High sense of accuracy and attention to detail
• Organization and time management skils
• Ability to work with minimal supervision to meet dead- lines.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ugandans for the following vacant positions that exist at NIRA. Interested and qualified applicants should submit their applications clearly indicating the position applied for to the Executive Director-NIRA. Applications (in triplicate) should include detailed up-to-date curriculum vitae (CV), certified copies of academic and professional certificates/ testimonials, photocopy of the National Identity card and attach recent passport size photographs on each copy of application submitted.
Applications should be delivered to the Human Resource Department at NIRA Headquarters located at National Independence Grounds-Kololo before close of business on Friday 19th May 2023.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.