Deadline of this Job:
08 June 2023
Date Posted: Thursday, May 25, 2023 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The FAO Representation in Uganda provides technical assistance to the Government of Uganda to achieve sustainable food, nutrition and income security through resilient, sustainable and inclusive agrifood systems. The Project Coordinator will lead the planning, implementation and monitoring of the project assigned to him/her.
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Uganda, the Project Coordinator reports directly to the relevant technical lead and the operations specialist (dual reporting line).
The Project Coordinator will be responsible for the provision of support to the planning, implementation, coordination monitoring, evaluation and reporting of the project and specifically carry out the following tasks:
Tasks and responsibilities:
• Lead the Project Task Force (PTF) ensuring that all required and relevant members are engaged.
• Prepare the project work plan, procurement and travel plans ensuring their alignment and consistency with the logical framework; monitor and update the work plan for the project with clear milestones, deliverables and outputs including the procurement and recruitment plans;
• Ensure the timely and cost-effective implementation of the project activities as described in the project proposal and provided for by the budget.
• Implement UN to UN Agreements, Letters of Agreement (LoA) and other contractual instrument signed with UN Agencies, Non Governmental Organizations and Government institutions for the implementation of specific activities and ensures that progress is on track.
• Establish and maintain professional relationships and communication lines with relevant government offices and representatives, non-government organizations and other United Nations (UN) agencies, liaising closely with stakeholders, managing communications and organizing and facilitating meetings as needed.
• Oversee the development of technical specifications, terms of references and scope of services required for the procurement, implementation and delivery of required services and goods through suppliers and/or service providers.
• Lead the organization (technical, logistical, administrative, etc.) of all project events in accordance with FAO’s rules and procedures, and contribute to facilitate events in close collaboration with project staff at national level (e.g. consultants).
• Supervise team members and manage their performance in line with FAO policy and procedures.
• Supervise and monitor the collection of information and data required for the preparation of the project reports.
• Write interim and final reports for the donor(s) based on agreed reporting schedule(s) guiding and ensuring quality assurance of inputs from other team members and obtaining relevant clearances as required.
• If required by the donor, organize and facilitate annual consultations with the donor, Government and relevant stakeholders to review the progress of the project; discuss possible revisions of plans and budgets; discuss issues of special concern for the implementation of the results areas/programme/project, including risk management, provide timely briefs for use in coordination fora and for response to FAOR information needs.
• Coordinate and support project-related field missions and visits of representatives from government, donors, FAO and other UN agencies
• Work closely with the Communication Officer for the development of project briefs, brochures, infographics, case studies and other visibility, outreach and communication materials, ensuring adherence to donor and internal requirements
• Perform any other duties as may be required.
Candidates Will Be Assessed Against The Following
• Advanced University Degree in agriculture, forestry, agro-forestry, environmental management, natural resources management, agricultural economics, business administration, public administration, social science, political science or a related field.
• A minimum of five years of relevant experience in project management in agricultural, forestry and natural resources management or rural development.
• Working knowledge of English.
• National of Uganda.
FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Extent and relevance of experience in project management and implementation using a result-based management approach.
• Extent and relevance of experience in managing projects dealing with food security and livelihoods and/or climate change adaptation and mitigation and/or addressing value chain development, and/or natural resource management.
• Experience in working with the government partners at different levels.
• Extent and relevance of experience in supporting and facilitating multi-stakeholders processes including interacting with policy- and decision makers at various levels, communities and private sector.
• Proven coordination and management skills to implement the capacity building programs and activities, including development and organization of training events at the national and local level.
• Proven leadership skills.
• Demonstrated ability to open up to innovative approaches and new practices.
• Experience in supervision of project technical experts and consultants.
• Ability to deliver project outputs and budgets on timely manner with high standard quality.
• Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills within team and with external stakeholders.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.