Director Technical Service
Jobs at:Baylor College of Medicine Children's Foundation
Deadline of this Job:
15 August 2021
Date Posted: Tuesday, August 03, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Provide overall technical direction and oversight to the project in terms of design, implementation and monitoring of high impact interventions
Project leadership and implementation
• Provide leadership on all project technical matters and ensure quality donor deliverables.
• Provide technical expertise and leadership for the design and implementation of the technical program areas of HIV/AIDS prevention, Care and Support, paediatric care and treatment, PMTCT, TB/HIV, Gender and support programs.
• Develop program work plans and ensure their technical soundness.
• Assist with the management, development and monitoring of work plans and budgets; ensure appropriate levels of technical assistance for interventions.
• Ensure that high quality technical programs are implemented in a timely manner and in coordination and collaboration with USAID, MoH, and other stakeholders.
• Oversee reporting and monitoring of technical performance metrics.
• Ensure the technical training and staff development in all project technical areas.
• Support the Project Director to ensure that all technical areas of the project are integrated and maximize the use of available resources of the project.
• Oversee quality assurance programs for all technical aspects of the project.
• Work closely with the partners and MOH to ensure implementation of MOH policy guidelines in project implementation.
• Ensure that appropriate technical strategies, policies and SOP’s are developed and implemented in accordance to USAID regulations to guide project implementation.
• Provide technical assistance through the review and/or writing of protocols, papers, reports to ensure accuracy and appropriateness.
• Ensure technical program quality according to set standards including quality assurance and quality improvement initiatives.
Reporting and representation
• Prepare project reports as required by the donor, Baylor Uganda and respective project districts
• Guide the analysis, synthesis, and dissemination of project outcomes and results.
• Represent Baylor Uganda at designated high level USAID and District health specific engagements.
Required Qualification, Experience and Competencies:
1. Master’s degree in Public health, business administration AND first degree in medicine and surgery.
2. At least 5 years of relevant experience in leading implementation of HIV/AIDS and other public health programmes in Uganda
3. Demonstrated experience in planning, implementation , monitoring and evaluation of complex and comprehensive HIV/AIDS programs in Uganda or similar settings
4. Demonstrated experience in development and implementation if inclusive development programs that integrate gender, key and other priority populations, youth, Adolescent Girls and Young Women and other vulnerable populations into health projects and services
5. Highly developed analytical skills to facilitate continuous analysis and interpretation of program data to discern trends, prompt further operational research and generate information to enhance routine program adjustments and adaptation
6. Experience and expertise in designing and implementing successful facility and community based integrated HIV/AIDS and Health interventions
8 Years Relevant Experience
Applications should include a cover letter, CV, daytime telephone contact, three traceable professional references and certified UNEB certificates as well as certified University Transcripts
You must have at least a credit 6 in MATHEMATICS and ENGLISH at Ordinary Level (UCE). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Apply at: https://careers.baylor-uganda.org/account/signin
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.