Several Universal Bankers
Barclays Bank UK
Deadline of this Job:
Garden City, Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Branch Manager
About Barclays UK:
Barclays is a British multinational banking and financial services company headquartered in London. It is a universal bank with operations in retail, wholesale and investment banking, as well as wealth management, mortgage lending and credit cards. It has operations in over 50 countries and territories and has around 48 million customers. As of 31 December 2011, Barclays had total assets of US$2.42 trillion, the seventh-largest of any bank worldwide.
Job Summary: The Universal Banker - Garden City will deliver Exceptional Performance through Sales, Service and Relationship Management.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Sales and Relationship Management – 50%
- Agree, meet and exceed targets for specific sales and portfolio targets
- Liaise with tellers and none sales staff to drive in branch referrals and develop a sales pipeline by sourcing leads and closing them.
- Own the branch CLM base and increase cross sales by interesting customers on the into the different BBU product solutions.
- Build relationships with customers through portfolio management thus growing the branch balance sheet.
- Maintain own sales performance statistics for management information usage.
- Refer to the appropriate area of delivery for specialist product help or advice (e.g. Schemes or Home Loans) when uncertain about the product delivery or application process. Respond directly to the customer.
- Participate in specific product campaigns by ensuring that the products are explained to customers.
- Complete account opening documentation together with customers and submit to the Branch Manager/Branch Operations Manager for review before submitting to operations for processing.
- When selling loans to Retail customers, complete the financial analysis and statement review on customer accounts. Where customers do not meet the minimum criteria, advise the customer, verbally or in writing as the customer requires. Report such denials to the Branch Manager on a daily basis.
- Call customers when their accounts have been opened, generate welcome pack letters and send to customers.
Operational Rigour and KYC compliance -20%
- Ensure accuracy of each new account application, loan document, Barclaycard application and bank account mandate change. Relationship Bankers are held personally accountable for accuracy and quality of these and supporting documents that they complete and submit.
- Achieve operational rigour excellence in all aspects of procedures and processes personally undertaken to ensure green audit.
- Follow the Retail end to end account opening ensuring new accounts are authorized and KYC compliant. Escalate any items that exceed the agreed service level time lines or where there are unresolved KYC requirements, to the Branch Manager.
- Comply with all general Barclays operational risk & rigour requirements e.g. KYC and anti-money laundering regulations.
Branch Support – 10%
- Together with the Branch Manager/BOM, open and close Cashier tills at the beginning and end of each day.
- Authorise cashier transactions above their teller limits when called upon.
- Act as cash custodian for the Branch. This involves checking cashier cash levels throughout the day, restocking cashiers or repatriating excess funds, and reordering cash from the external provider based on daily limits as set out.
- Conduct snap checks as allocated by the Branch Manager/Branch Operations Manager.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
Customer Service – 15%
- Own customer queries and complaints around account opening, loans and card applications and resolve in a timely manner. Escalate any unresolved queries, or queries not resolved in a short period of time to the Branch Manager.
- Build relationships with internal service providers (Operations and KYC Helpdesk) to ensure a quick turnaround time of escalated queries and complaints.
- Direct customers to the appropriate delivery channel to meet their needs e.g. cashiers, drop boxes, ATM etc.
- Advise customers as soon as new loans are approved and encourage draw-downs on the new loans.
- When the branch is busy walk the queues- resolve quick inquires and direct customers to the correct counters.
- Continuously engage and resolve any issues pertaining to the top 50 customers of the branch, together with branch manager establish a contact matrix for the top 50 customers
Citizenship Community 5%
- Be involved in local community events and networking opportunities (e.g. clubs, meetings, business associations)
- Developing the external market and community profile needed to maximize the local marketing opportunity
- Identify community initiatives to become involved in and support as part of Barclays community initiatives (such as Make a Difference Day, Local community initiative, Financial Literacy)
- Link community initiatives to both business opportunities and colleague events
- Promote community agenda within the branch to build pride within colleagues and customers
Risk, Governance and Regulatory: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards. Understand and manage risks and risk events (incidents) relevant to the role.”
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Stanbic Bank Universal Banker job must have excellent planning & organization skills
- Very strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Questioning skills
- Good PC skills
- Good numeracy & analytical skills
- Good selling/influencing skills
- Presentation skills
- Listening skills
Job application procedure
If you feel challenged by any of the above positions, and believe you can deliver on key deliverables as outlined above, upload your application letter, current curriculum vitae and photocopies of academic certificate to our recruitment website detail below: