4 Community Based Volunteers
Jobs at:Self Help Africa (SHA)
Deadline of this Job:
06 May 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, April 27, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
A total of 04 community-based volunteers will be recruited in all the 04 districts with MORE-Honey interventions (01 volunteer recruited for each district) and the volunteers will then provide capacity building in their respective districts as follows; Lamwo district =16 groups, Kitgum district=24 groups, Nakapiripirit district=24 groups and Amudat district = 16 groups.
The 04 community-based volunteers are expected to perform the following roles: –
• Building and mentorship of beekeepers on governance and leadership.
• Conduct capacity building & mentorship in generally accepted practices on apiculture management (siting, production and record keeping)
• Building and mentoring of beekeepers in processing of beeswax and propolis, harvesting and storage.
• Capacity building and mentorship of bee- keepers in business skills and financial management
• Establishing and training bee- keepers’ groups in Village Saving Loan Association (VSLA)_Saving with a Productive Purpose
• Facilitating gender transformative trainings to bee- keepers’ groups through adopting the family life model as an approach
• Capacity building and mentorship on household’s food planning and nutrition
• Routine collection of data on apiculture and VSLA beneficiaries.
• Routine monitoring and support supervision for apiculture and VSLA beneficiaries.
• In charge of preparation of monthly and weekly work plans.
• Preparation of project progress reports, case study and success stories
• Any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
• Geographical scope
• The 04 community-based volunteers will provide capacity building in the following districts, sub-counties, and parishes.
• Nakapiripirit: Namalu sub-county (Kaiku, Kokuwam parishes), Mourita sub-county (Mourita, Katabok parishes),
• Amudat, Amudat sub-county (Amudat, Loburin, Katabok parishes), Loroo sub-county (Loroo, Abillep, Achoricor parishes)
• Lamwo district, Palabek Gem sub county Anaka Parish.
• Kitgum district, Based at SHA Kitgum Office
• Time frame/ schedule of engagement
• The engagement of the community-based volunteers is planned for a period of 06 months from May 9th to 8th November 2022
• Reporting lines
• The 04-community based bee-keepers volunteers’ trainers will report directly to the Market Development Officer and will be expected to submit both weekly and monthly reports which will be used as a basis for payment.
Qualifications, skills, and desired experience
• The 04 Community Based Volunteers should hold O-Level Certificates (6 Passes), a diploma or degree in agriculture, development studies and economics or statistics an added advantage
• A minimum of one months’ experience in community development, mobilization, training, or facilitation, data collection, analysis and graphical representation and experience in running mini-surveys and database updating and cleaning
• Knowledge of area local language
• Ability to use Microsoft office software.
• Must be willing to ride own bicycle
• Knowledge of the local socio-economic environment
• Must be a person with a good moral character in the local area.
• The applicant must be a resident from the specified sub county/Parish and district where SHA operates
• Working knowledge of Apiculture and VSLA Methodology is an added advantage.
• Possession of a valid national identity card and a letter of recommendation from area Chairperson of L.C 1 is a MUST.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please send your CV and a covering letter in an email to email@example.com with the subject line ‘VOLUNTEER + your name’. Alternatively, you can submit your application by hand to the Operations and Finance Manager, Self Help Africa, Kalamu House 3rd floor, Plot 1B, Kira road, P. O. Box 34429, Kampala, Uganda
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.