Public Policy Coordinator
Jobs at:Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI)
Deadline of this Job:
23 October 2022
Date Posted: Monday, October 17, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Public Policy Coordinator
To coordinate, mainstream and ensure participation of the public sector and the private sector in National TB/Leprosy response. To maintain the relevance of the Multi-sectoral accountability framework for TB among MDAs and act as a liaison for MDAs and their focal persons to the MAF-TB technical committee. To coordinate, mainstream and ensure participation of the public sector and the private sector in National TB/Leprosy response. To maintain the relevance of the Multi-sectoral accountability framework for TB among MDAs and act as a liaison for MDAs and their focal persons to the MAF-TB technical committee.
• Key Outputs
• Public sector and private sector programmes on TB prevention and control effectively integrated, owned and coordinated in accordance with guidance provided by the Multi sectoral Accountability Framework for TB;
• Effective communication and collaboration between National TB/Leprosy Program and the public and private business sectors and other stakeholders fostered
• Technical support and guidance provided to the public and private business sectors guided by on-going capacity needs assessments;
• Decentralization of TB public and private sector prevention and control programmes to the region and district levels effectively facilitated;
• Technical support in the development and implementation of strategies and approaches to scale up the TB response across other sectors provided;
• Public and private sector participation in policy development, strategic planning and budgeting for the national response coordinated;
• Designing and implementation of impact assessment strategies;
• Support for Preparation and submission of MAF TB work plans, budgets and performance reports for the health sector and other sectors prepared and submitted;
• Mobilization of available resources for implementation of TB programs across sectors.
• Promoting the integration of TB prevention and control activities into other disease program activities.
Key Duties and responsibilities
• Coordination of public and private sector programmes on TB prevention and control in line with the National Multi sectoral accountability framework for TB;
• Facilitation of effective communication between National TB and Leprosy Program and ministries, departments and agencies in order to foster effective collaboration in the prevention and control of TB;
• Provision of technical support and guidance in capacity needs assessment within the ministries, departments and agencies and advocate for the necessary support;
• Facilitation of decentralization of TB prevention and control programmes to ministries, departments and agencies at sub national level;
• Provide technical support in the development and implementation of strategies and approaches for TB mainstreaming in line with the MAF TB among the MDAs;
• Coordinates MDA participation in TB policy development, strategic planning and budgeting in support of the national TB response;
• Facilitates the designing and implementation of TB programming strategies to support of sector specific responses in line with the multi sectoral accountability framework and TB NSP;
• Prepare and submit LPHS, and NTLP work plans, budgets and performance reports for MAF TB activities to the PD, DPD and to the AC NTLP respectively;
• Supports the public sector in mobilization of available resources for implementation of TB programmes in line with the National TB strategic plan and the MAF TB guidelines;
• Provide capacity building for the MDAs on MAF TB
• Leads in the review and updating/amending of the National MAF TB document and M&E plan.
• Prepares and provides input to the MAF TB technical committee on MDA performance on TB programming.
• A Post-graduate qualification in Public Health/Business Administration/Public Administration
• Bachelors of Medicine and Surgery(MBChB) or BBA or BCom (Marketing)
• At least 6 years of experience in public health and project management.
• Experience in using epidemiological and public health program data to analyze, design and implement public health interventions.
• Demonstrated understanding of infectious disease medicine, organizational learning activities
• Demonstrated capacity to deliver health-related information in a number of settings including the non-medical setting,
• Advanced knowledge and hands on experience in policy analysis, data analysis, labor law, occupational health.
• Experience in using statistical packages like STATA, SAS and excel for data analysis.
• Proven ability to conceptualize, innovate and execute public health related ideas in diverse contexts
• Proven skills in supervision, planning and management
• Skills in advocacy and networking
• Experience in TB/HIV programme design, implementation, and monitoring
• Experience in data analysis, health financing.
• Experience in designing and conducting implementation research projects.
• Experience in working with USAID/PEPFAR funded projects is an added advantage
• Ability to clearly and concisely express ideas and concepts in written and oral form.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, team players, and with high emotional intelligence
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 72
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Candidates that meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in these positions should send their CVs, including details of email address, present position, current remuneration, Certificate/testimonials and address of three (3)
Referees plus telephone contact to the stipulated email address not later than 25th
Please follow this link https://idi.mak.ac.ug/hrms to apply for this position.
• IDI is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a recruitment fee or any other fees at any stage of the recruitment process
• Internal candidates who meet the required specifications and have worked with
• IDI for a period of at least one year will be given priority.
• Make sure that your application letter, CV and certificates are attached as one
• PDF document
• Automatic email notification will be sent to you as reference for receipt of your application
• Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
NB: Candidates should attach a copy of their National Identity Card
The Senior Human Resource Manager
Infectious Diseases Institute — IDI Knowledge Centre, Makerere University Main
Campus; College of Health Sciences, Makerere University
P.O. Box 22418, Kampala, Uganda
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.