Technical Advisor - Health Financing
Jobs at:Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF)
Deadline of this Job:
12 May 2022
Date Posted: Friday, April 29, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is a nonprofit human development organization on a mission to create a world where no mother, child, or family is devastated by HIV and AIDS. We are a proven leader in the global fight to end HIV and AIDS, and an advocate for every child to live a full and healthy life into adulthood. For more than 30 years, EGPAF has been a leader in meeting urgent needs in pediatric HIV and AIDS in the world's most affected regions. We carry out our values of passion, innovation, teamwork, leadership, integrity, excellence and equity every day while maximizing our impact in the communities we serve. EGPAF serves 15 countries mostly in sub-Saharan Africa (including Uganda) and at 7,000 sites around the world.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Technical Advisor – Health Financing for an anticipated USAID-funded integrated health services delivery project in Uganda. The project aims to increase access to and use of quality healthcare services and improve the performance of the health systems at the subnational levels in the priority districts. Intended high-level results include:
1. Improved access to and use of quality maternal, newborn, Child health, family planning/ reproductive health, nutrition, water, sanitation, hygiene/Infection, and prevention control health services at the facility and community level
2. Enhance local ownership and leadership for sustainable health outcomes and
3. Strengthened health systems resilience at the regional, district, and community levels. The project will also strengthen the capacity of the local PEPFAR implementing partners to lead and sustain the epidemic response as part of sustainability efforts
Title: Technical Advisor – Health Financing
Number of positions: 1
Department: Program Implementation & Country Management (PICM)
Reports To: Country Director
Direct Reports: None
Closing Date: 5/15/2022
How will you fight for an AIDS-free generation?
The Technical Advisor Health Financing will provide technical support and guidance to the Ministry of Health and other health implementing partners at districts, regional, and sub-district community levels in designing and implementing health financing management interventions that improve the sustainability of quality service delivery across the regions. The TA – Health Financing will also work with the Country team and will travel extensively to provide support on key health financing strategies and reforms.
No two days are alike at EGPAF, but what can you expect in this role?
• Develop documents that will guide the ministry of health and districts on budget planning & preparation, budget advocacy, and the development of health financing strategies, including resource mobilization
• Develop financial resource allocation frameworks, including budget allocation criteria and tools
• Draft recommendation/develop the design and implementation of performance-based financing (PBF) systems and Support in the production of high-quality written reports and presentations, including technical documents, project status reports, and policy briefs
• Provide strategic technical guidance and assistance to implementing partners including CSOs, CBOs, NGOs, and District Health Offices. This will include technical review and oversight for strategic development and implementation of key health financing strategies and reforms.
• Lead the development of key technical documents, including health financing case studies, research manuscripts, and relevant publications, and provide technical inputs to grant proposals and project reports
• Represent EGPAF in health financing forums and contribute to the knowledge sharing across the country through direct engagement with other Implementing partner’s teams and other appropriate government bodies.
• Direct, manage and/or support the healthcare financing-related projects under the overall leadership of the Country Director. The Advisor will help also develop and expand healthcare financing activities within the Regions.
• Work closely with Technical Advisor-health system strengthening and ensure the integration of healthcare finance with the programs.
• Identify opportunities to apply health finance and costing tools, approaches, best practices, and lessons learned across EGPAF and the Ministry of Health programs and projects. Participate in the design and development of new tools and approaches as needed.
• Ensure the coordination and implementation of the Health Financing strategies and policies which are in accordance with national and international standards
• Provide mentorship and build the capacity of technical staff for the setting up and running of integrated Health Financing services and track progress through technical assistance site visits and activity reports, in collaboration with MOH, other implementing partners and the EGPAF program team
• Ensures the technical soundness of integrated health financing by updating EGPAF staff and implementing partners on lessons learned around the world.
• Ensure program activities are in compliance with donor financial regulations. Report financial discrepancies to the Country Director
• Provide specific training and technical assistance in cost modeling and analysis of health economic data.
• Interact and network with technical working groups to keep up on the latest developments in health financing trends and research.
To be successful, you will have:
• Master's degree in Health Economics, Public health, Public Health Finance, Public Policy, Economics, Business and other relevant disciplines
• Minimum of 7 years of experience in providing technical assistance, implementing, managing, analyses, and/or evaluating of health finance and economics programs in developing countries.
• Expertise and experience in the design, implementation and evaluation of health finance and health economic policies and strategies. Experience and skills in financial and economic modeling and analysis of health programs.
• Experience with donor allocation, budgeting and financial management systems.
• Experience working with government institutions to shape government health financing strategies, policies and operational plans
• Ability to think strategically, manage ambiguity and work in a multi-cultural environment
• Ability to build successful relationships with donors, partners, and different stakeholders and the health systems community
• Proven ability to work collaboratively with government, donors, the private sector, and community organizations to advance health financing objectives
• Hands-on knowledge and skills in Project Management including designing, planning, implementing, and monitoring integrated Health financing program
• Ability to interact effectively and collaboratively with a broad range of senior and mid-level public and private sector counterparts and stakeholders, at the district, regional and national level
• Excellent interpersonal, writing, and English language oral presentation skills.
• Trainer Skills.
• Strong skills in leadership, teamwork, networking, facilitation, strategic thinking, and oral and written communication.
• Willingness to work and travel in rural settings in Uganda.
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs including MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Please submit a Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae only as one file in PDF format through the careers link below:
NO HAND DELIVERED APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.