Deadline of this Job:
06 December 2020
Date Posted: Friday, November 20, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
BACKUP health is mandated for the period April 2020 to March 2023 to support governmental and civil society partners to leverage funding from global (health) ﬁnancing mechanisms for the strengthening of their health systems. To achieve this goal, the project will collaborate with partners in nine focus countries (Cameroon, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Kyrgyzstan, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Tanzania, Uganda, Zimbabwe) primarily on three main areas:
Strengthen national coordination of global health ﬁnancing: ensure that the management (planning and implementation) globally ﬁnanced programmes is coordinated and based on nation strategies, and in turn leads to health services that are target towards group-speciﬁc needs;
Strengthen capacities ‘of selected Institutions in the partner countries to set and achieve health-system strengthening priorities in connection with global ﬁnancing: these priorities may include improved human resource competencies for strengthening health systems and improved organisational competencies for managing global ﬁnancing, such as data, ﬁnancial and risk management, as well as the technical capacities required for speciﬁc health systems functions.
Improve the management of health services at the decentralized level particularly with regard to the integration of globally ﬁnanced programmes: for example, by analysing existing models of community-based health services and using the ﬁndings to propose a new model for integrated management of health services. Participation by civil society, key and vulnerable populations, human rights and gender equality are critical factors for programme success and serve as crosscutting topics for the project.
GIZ looking for an Administration Officer to support in the implementation of its programme.
Title: Administration Officer
Reports to: Head of Programme
Contract duration: 1st February 2021- 31st March 2023 .
The Administration Officer is responsible for:
• Providing administrative and ﬁnancial services to the project.
• Effectively coordinating programme services with the BACKUP project staff in-country and headquarter.
• Organizing the project's office management and project—related events.
• Financial planning, monitoring and accounting.
• Ensuring that ﬁnancial and administrative regulations are compiled with.
In this context, the Administration Officer performs the following tasks in close collaboration with the BACKUP team (in country and headquarter) as well as other teams of relevant programmes in the country:
• Organising administrative and logistical aspects of project activities (meetings, workshops etc.) in collaboration with other GIZ projects if applicable to look for synergies and economies of scale.
• Processes all relevant contract formats (e.g. local consulting contracts, subsidies, ﬁnancial agreements) and supports the partners during the application and accounting process (e.g. GIZ terms and conditions).
• Ensures that information about administrative procedures is exchanged between BACKUP project staff (in-country and headquarter), other GIZ projects if applicable and partners.
• Monitors the availability of ofﬁce supplies and equipment and carries out procurement in accordance with guidelines.
• Supports the project office manager in maintaining the project inventory system (OnSite Assets).
• Filing documents in reference ﬁles or in DMS in line with GIZ’s ﬁling rules.
• Procures ofﬁce supplies, equipment and service locally, issues invitations to tender and processes orders up to 2,500 EUR in accordance with GIZ regulations.
• Prepares service contracts (hotel, catering, etc.) for conference services, issues invitations to tender and processes orders up to 20,000 EUR in accordance with GIZ regulations.
• Checks goods and service invoices, receipts and other (delivery) papers and payment instruction
Finance and accounting
• Helps prepare project budget planning.
• Checks the project's monthly requests to funds before release.
• Monitors the monthly accounting and ﬁnancial plans and informs the BACKUP controller accordingly,
• Is responsible for ﬁnancial management, such as cash withdrawals, ensuring correct management of petty cash, bank accounts, preparing and entering vouchers.
• Supports recipients of BACKUP funds, check financial reports for completeness an correctness according to GIZ standards and accompanies audits (if necessary).
• Checks travel expense statements of BACKUP staff for approval by the supervisor.
Reporting and communication with other GIZ projects
• Coordinate planning, execution and monitoring of all national, regional and district activities jointly with the other project's administration teams if applicable to ensure a coherent and seamless support in the health sector from GIZ.
• Conduct regular meetings with other programs’ project managers if applicable to update on progress, report on results and seek guidance on key challenges.
Other Duties/Additional Tasks
• Carries out other tasks at the request of the superior.
• Reports without any delays to the supervisor and BACKUP on all problems in administration and compliance with the rules.
• Regularly updates personal competency on GIZ process and regulation framework
• University degree in economics, ﬁnance or similar area and qualiﬁcation in business administration (equivalent of BA or MBA) is desirable.
• At least 3 years’ professional experience in a comparable position, preferably within GIZ. Working experience in the regional programmes/projects is preferable.
Other knowledge, additional competence
• Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Ofﬁce)
• Excellent spoken and written English.
• ln-depth understanding of accounting.
• Broad experience of administration.
• Willingness to upskill when need arises
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
All interested and qualified persons are strongly encouraged to apply online on www.futureoptions.org or by email to email@example.com . Applications and CVS should be in one document and a maximum of 5 pages only.
Please include name and contact of three references in the CVs. Please quote the position and reference number in the subject line. Applications should be received by 5.00pm on the 6th December 2020. Please note: This is a national position. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We encourage women, people with disabilities and minority groups to apply for this position. GIZ is committed to equal opportunities and diversity of perspective at the working place.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.