Administrative / Operations officer
Jobs at:ICAP at Columbia University
Deadline of this Job:
22 October 2021
Date Posted: Saturday, October 16, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Under the supervision of the Finance and Administration Director, the Administration Operations Officer will take full responsibility for the strategic and operational day today management of the administration section with support to the Human Resources, Procurement, and fleet sections
The Incumbent works closely with the Administration, Procurement / Fleet and Human resources section heads, and directly supervises the junior operations staff.
• In collaboration with the Procurement manager and requesting unit, draft specifications for all goods and services. Estimate costs and solicit quotations/ proposals in accordance with ICAP policies. Prepare request for Bids, Quotes and Proposals and collect proposals / quotations / pro-forma invoices from suppliers following the purchasing procedure of ICAP
• Analyze bid proposals as requested by the procurement committee, Present documentation to Procurement Committee for recommendation of award and prepare Purchase Request/Purchase Order for approval from Finance & Admin Director and Country Director
• Working with Procurement Manager, Place purchase orders on time and report as appropriate to the immediate supervisor and the requesting unit on the status of the order
• Ensure that the terms, quantity, quality, description, and condition of the goods or services delivered are in accordance with the purchase requisition / order and suppliers invoice. Record any missing or damaged items manage all returns, warranty and defect issues for procured goods and services
• Maintain procurement reference materials including agency regulations and instructions with may be used as precedents. Maintain copies of procurement file with all supporting documents for any future reference or audit purposes
• Plan and provide logistical set up for conferences, workshops and events ensuring suitable services from service providers. Manage staff per diems and M&IE expenses, trainees per diems & transport refunds, transport bookings and reservations for hotels, flights and all ICAP events.
• Responsible for the effective management of ICAP inventories and stores while ensuring all supplies are secure and reorder levels are reported on time to avoid stock outs
• Accurately and timely, preparation of payment vouchers and attach the necessary documents for review and processing of payments ensuring that all suppliers are paid within 30days of payment request.
• Follow up on accountability, ensure all the money received including per diems, satellite expenses, and all field activities is accurately accounted for and recorded in the source document and posted in the financial management system along with receipts and accompanying documentation
• Oversee management of petty cash according to the ICAP UPHIA project policy.
• Responsible for the performance management of the Office Assistants as well as managing their training and development needs
• Initiate and establish comprehensive procedures for smooth and effective operations and maintenance of the ICAP office in Uganda
• Manage the office budget for all ongoing services and costs (e.g rent, utilities, supplies, maintenance, telephone, tenancy) for ICAP office and satellite labs and ensure timely payments as required
• Maintain lease agreements and utilities accounts for the office, ensure proper record system is in place to track usage, ensure service provider contracts for insurance, security, IT, Fire Extinguisher, office cleaning and any other that may be assigned are up to date at all times
• Responsible for the management of a secure and accessible filing system for hard copy and electronic copy documents including project archive, subcontract documents, client approvals, consultant documents, procurement files, project deliverables and project reports among others;
• Regularly checking of all contracted hired vehicle logbooks, making fuel analysis and calculating fuel consumption and total charge for hiring the vehicles as of the approved vehicle allocations.
• Support HR Manager on the enrollment for new local staff in the health insurance and Group personal accident covers.
• Support HR in engaging short term consultants for different activities and maintain an updated database of all consultants and short term staff hired by ICAP
• Responsible for updating leave management system, sharing leave utilization reports and works with HR to generate Leave financial implications report for management review.
• Maintains and updates the fixed assets register at all times and ensure that all assets are covered for All Risk Insurance
• Working with ICT Manager responsible for the monthly processing of staff and field team’s airtime and monthly bundle is loaded before 10th of the new month.
• Carries out any other assignments as may be required from time to time
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in social science, secretarial studies, business administration or related field required
• Minimum four (4) years’ experience in administrative and operations support from a busy local or international organization
• Good understanding of procurement, fleet and human resources basics is required
• Experience working in a health or research based organization is an added advantage.
• Experience working with different stakeholders and Service providers required
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
• High proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Demonstrated experience leading and working with a team
• Experience working with diverse, medically underserved populations
• Written and oral fluency in English
• High level of initiative and problem solving.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.