Jobs at:Muni University
Deadline of this Job:
24 September 2020
Date Posted: Wednesday, September 09, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill vacant positions at Muni University. Hand written or typed application letters should be submitted in triplicate to the office of the University Secretary, Muni University, P. O. Box 725, Arua, or Kampala liaison Office in Makarere University Lincoln House A2 to be received not later than 24thSeptember, 2020 at 5:00pm.
The detailed job descriptions and the person specifications for the positions advertised can be viewed on the University web-site, www.muni.ac.ug
ADMINISTRATIVE AND SUPPORT STAFF POSITIONS
Job reference: Muni New ADVERT: REF/MU/ADM/40.1/2020
JOB TITLE: Assistant Registrar
Number of posts: 1 Post Salary scale: (M6.1)
Responsible to: Senior Assistant Registrar
Responsible for: N/A
Terms of employment: Permanent and subject to six (6) months’ probation Where applicable
Assist in processing admissions, registration of students, arranging examinations, monitoring teaching and learning and participate in arranging graduation ceremonies. .
• Assist in processing of Admissions, and issuance of Admission letters to admitted Students.
• Assist in registration of Students, and processing of Students’ Identity Cards.
• Prepare and compile University Academic time tables, including teaching and examination time tables.
• Assist in examination arrangements, including processing of examination permits.
• Maintain up-to-date inventory of researches done by students.
• Monitor the teaching of University Academic programmes in accordance with the approved University teaching time tables.
• Assist in enforcing policies and procedures related to student data and records residing in the student information system and linked systems.
• Keep custody of examination approved results, and also maintain up-to-date the examination databases.
• Initiate and procure Academic Transcripts and Certificates blanks.
• Process, issue and answer queries on Academic Transcripts and Certificates.
• Assist in planning and implementing practices that continuously improve the services and work provided by the office of the Academic Registrar.
• Assist in interpreting and enforcing approved academic policies, and regulations of the University.
• Assist in organizing meetings, and follow-ups of the decision of the University Senate Committees and working groups.
• Assist in organizing Graduation ceremonies and such other Academic functions of the University.
• Admission letters processed and issued.
• Students registered, and Students’ Identity Cards issued.
• University Academic teaching and examination time tables compiled.
• Teaching of University Academic programmes monitored.
• Examination permits issued, and University examinations conducted.
• Up-to-date inventory of researches done by students maintained.
• Policies and procedures relating to student information management and linked systems enforced.
• Proper and safe custody of examination results, and databases maintained.
• Academic Transcript and Certificate blanks available at all times.
• Academic Transcripts and Certificates processed and issued, and queries answered.
• Productive work practices and standards maintained.
• Academic policies, regulations and standards of the University enforced.
• Meetings organized and held.
• Follow-up of the decision of the University Senate Committees and working groups made.
• Graduation ceremonies and such other Academic functions of the University organized and held.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Should have a minimum of a Postgraduate Diploma in Education or Education planning and Management or Education Leadership and Management or Management studies or Public Administration or Human Resource Management from a recognized Institution.
• Should have a University Degree in Education, Management or Administration or Social Sciences from a recognized Institution.
• Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a similar position in a University or Institution of Higher learning or a reputable organisation.
• Good interpersonal and effective communication skills.
• High level of integrity.
• Demonstrated computer literacy.
• Should have high level of integrity.
Job Education: Postgraduate Diploma
Job Experience: 3 years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
MODE OF APPLICATION:
The application letter should bear the title of the post and the reference number specified against the vacancy. Applicants should attach three sets of certified photocopies of their certificates, Academic Documents, and three recent certified passport size photographs, a typed and signed CV and any other relevant documents. Applicants for the position of a lecturer who are on a PhD truck must have defended their Doctoral Research proposals by the time of submitting the applications. (Attach evidence defense)
The application must include the applicant’s telephone contact, e-mail address and telephone numbers of three referees. An applicant should not apply for more than two posts. An applicant who shall not formally receive communication from the University on completion of the selection exercise should consider themselves unsuccessful. For the post of Security Guard, an applicant who has served in the armed forces and has left service should attach his/her discharge letter.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.