Cost & Planning Specialist
Jobs at:The Uganda National Oil Company Limited (UNOC)
Deadline of this Job:
12th July 2019
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Uganda National Oil Company (UNOC) Ltd was established under the Petroleum (Exploration, Development and Production) Act and the Petroleum (Refining, Conversion, Transmission and Midstream storage) Act, both of 2013 and incorporated under the Companies’ Act, 2012. It is a limited liability company wholly owned by the Government of Uganda.
The overall function of UNOC is to handle the State’s commercial interests in the Oil and Gas industry and ensure that the resource is exploited in a sustainable manner.
UNOC now invites applications for persons interested to develop their career with a dynamic results-oriented Company to occupy the following positions
REPORTS TO: Project Controls Manager.
JOB PURPOSE: Develop and implement cost control, planning and scheduling activities across UNOC’s entire project portfolio
• Coordinate and monitor cost, planning and scheduling activities across UNOC’s Corporate Functions and Subsidiaries (NPC, URHC).
• Implement required resources and systems to ensure availability of timely, accurate, integrated information and forecasts.
• Develop cost reporting and scheduling system(s) to input/update planning/scheduling information, expenditure information and planning forecasts.
• Coordinate requirements for UNOC’s Project Managers in cost and planning management of UNOC’s projects and implementing specific control procedures.
• Maintain spend plan/forecasts including developing and implementing regular meetings within the project teams for cost trending, project planning/scheduling.
• Establish and manage the project change control process and recommend corrective actions for cost forecast deviations.
• Develop, improve and adapt the tools, techniques and processes to fit the requirements of the projects and the Business whilst ensuring best practice.
• Resolve issues and provide consistency between the cost control, planning, scheduling and estimating functions and deliverables across UNOC’s departments.
• Work with the Project Controls Manager to provide direction and expertise to project controls-related activities for UNOC’s Projects in support of the planning and execution.
• Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Qualifications and attributes:
• Honours Bachelor’s Degree in either Engineering, Construction Management, Project Management, Finance, Quantity Surveying or any relevant discipline.
• Master’s Degree in either Engineering, Finance, Project Management or any relevant discipline is an added advantage.
• Must have at least 6 years relevant working experience in Project Controls activities including participating in or handling EPC/EPCM projects.
• Knowledge of Engineering and Construction techniques and their costs impacts is an added advantage.
• Experience in the oil & gas sector and/or global energy markets is an added advantage.
• Strong competencies in the use of Microsoft Projects and Primavera.
• A self-starter with strong technical, interpersonal, communication, organizational skills; and high personal integrity.
• Ability to work under pressure and to work as part of a team.
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree
Job Experience Requirements: 8 years
Job application procedure
The Application together with copies of academic certificates should be addressed and submitted in TRIPLICATE to the address below by 17:00 hours (5:00pm EAT) not later than 12th July 2019.
Applications must include a cover letter, application form and supporting documents.
While we thank you for your interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
UNOC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants from the Albertine Graben are encouraged to apply.
The Job Details and Application Form can be downloaded from Careers at www.unoc.co.ug
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
UGANDA NATIONAL OIL COMPANY
P.O.BOX 36316, KAMPALA
Plot 15, YUSUF LULE ROAD, KAMPALA