Jobs at:Muni University
Deadline of this Job:
24 September 2020
Date Posted: Wednesday, September 09, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill vacant positions at Muni University. Hand written or typed application letters should be submitted in triplicate to the office of the University Secretary, Muni University, P. O. Box 725, Arua, or Kampala liaison Office in Makarere University Lincoln House A2 to be received not later than 24thSeptember, 2020 at 5:00pm.
The detailed job descriptions and the person specifications for the positions advertised can be viewed on the University web-site, www.muni.ac.ug
ADMINISTRATIVE AND SUPPORT STAFF POSITIONS
Job reference: MUNI NEW ADVERT: REF/MU/ADM/42.1/2020
JOB TITLE: Personal Secretary
Number of Posts (1 Post)
Salary Scale: (M12)
Responsible to: Head of Department or Office deployed to
Responsible for: Office Attendant
Terms of employment: Permanent and subject to six (6) months’ Probation where applicable
Purpose of the Job
To provide Secretarial, administrative and office managerial services in the Office deployed to. .
• Takes and transcribes dictation and produces the work accordingly.
• Receives and disseminates correspondences, mails and other information for the Deputy Vice Chancellor’s office.
• Drafts appropriate correspondences and submit them to the responsible authority for authentication and timely dispatch.
• Provides support in arranging meetings that directly fall under the ambit of the Deputy Vice Chancellor’s office.
• Attends to all visitors by ascertaining the nature of business and directing them to appropriate offices.
• Oversees the filing, maintenance, storage, security and retrieval of files and documents.
• Schedules appointments, synchronizes and updates the diary and screens requests for meetings.
• Attends to telephone inquiries, handles out-going and in-coming mails and faxes.
• Requests, manages and accounts for office equipment, materials and imprest.
• Secretarial duties carried out.
• Clients attended to and directed to appropriate offices.
• Deputy Vice Chancellor’s Office dairy kept up-to-date.
• Office equipment requisitioned and managed.
• Imprest requisitioned, managed and accounted for.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Should have a Bachelor’s Degree in Secretarial Studies or information Management or UNEB Diploma in Secretarial Studies with Business Communication Stage II; Typewriting Stage III (50 wpm); Shorthand Stage II (80/90 wpm) and Office Management or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution.
• Should have a minimum of three (3) years’ relevant experience with a reputable organization.
• Should have good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated computer literacy skills.
• High level of integrity.
Job Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Job Experience: 3 years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
MODE OF APPLICATION:
The application letter should bear the title of the post and the reference number specified against the vacancy. Applicants should attach three sets of certified photocopies of their certificates, Academic Documents, and three recent certified passport size photographs, a typed and signed CV and any other relevant documents. Applicants for the position of a lecturer who are on a PhD truck must have defended their Doctoral Research proposals by the time of submitting the applications. (Attach evidence defense)
The application must include the applicant’s telephone contact, e-mail address and telephone numbers of three referees. An applicant should not apply for more than two posts. An applicant who shall not formally receive communication from the University on completion of the selection exercise should consider themselves unsuccessful. For the post of Security Guard, an applicant who has served in the armed forces and has left service should attach his/her discharge letter.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.