Pipeline / Welding Superintendent North
Deadline of this Job:
02 September 2021
Date Posted: Friday, August 20, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Act as primary coordinator/Superintendent for a dedicated area of the construction site: follow-up the sequence of work-fronts and liaise with the construction contractor area managers and superintendents
• Ensure that Contractors progress on the appropriate high-priority work-fronts in order to stick to the level-3 schedule
• To check, in accordance with needs, the preparation, issue and implementation by Construction Contractors of Construction, Engineering documents including detailed procedures, method statements, drawings, calculation notes, Construction Equipment, construction, list of personnel, planning back-up procedures if necessary.
• Identify & analyze the weak points which penalize the productivity and propose corrective actions.
• Review the development of execution plans / schedule for his/her discipline during the construction phase
• Advice the Deputy Construction Manager North and Construction Manager on all issues related to sequencing and scheduling of work fronts.
• Liaise with other Superintendents and Supervisors to make sure that all interfaces are managed effectively.
• Liaise with other Superintendents, Supervisors, Deputy Construction Manager North and with Construction Manager to make sure that the construction complies with all Project Design Documentation, with Company Standards and Procedures, and with applicable international Codes, Standards and Practices.
• Liaise with other Superintendents, Supervisors, Deputy Construction Manager North and with Construction Manager to monitor progress and prepare performance reports. Reports are to be accurate and timely, depicting progress, safety, issues, and forward plans.
• Assist the COMPANY Team to ensure Compliance with projects Safety objectives throughout the life of the project.
• Maintain good relationship with Contractors, being flexible enough but also strict when necessary to achieve the objectives of the Project.
• Liaise with Other disciplines, Safety, Cost, and Planning to improve effectiveness of Team.
• Keep the Deputy Construction Manager North and Construction Manager informed of all events which may affect the successful completion of the project goals.
• Interface with QA/QC personnel to address quality issues/progress
• Provide oversight of contractor's materials management/verification systems
• Monitor workforce productivities/progress relative to schedule
• Liaise with contractor for field level changes for his discipline during the construction phase
• Provide pre-commissioning/mechanical completion oversight/verification for his discipline during the construction phase
• Provide leadership, supervision, construction technical guidance and mentoring to personnel with a focus on National development
• Compliance with the HSE instructions, rules and procedures in force for compliance with the HSE contractual clauses and other documents governing ties with the contractors
• Ensure the protection of the environment and the monitoring of Project environmental performances.
• Compile necessary reports (daily/weekly/monthly) related to his/her discipline and scope for the Deputy Construction Manager North and Project Management Team
• To act on behalf of the Deputy Construction Manager North in his/her absence.
Context and environment
• Engineering degree or higher national diploma and AWS-CWI or IWI-S/C or IWT or CSWIP3.2. Minimum qualification in welding inspection and ISO 9712 or ASNT level 2 minimum qualification in RT films interpretation.
• 15 years or more of relevant international project construction experience in large onshore/offshore oil and gas projects
• Metallurgy and welding engineering background along with at least ten years of involvement in the Oil & Gas/Petrochemical Industry as a recognized specialist.
• Previous experience in large onshore/offshore oil and gas construction projects. Recognized level of expertise in construction discipline with previous experience working with other major IOC’s in large oil and gas construction projects. Significant responsibility in multi-discipline teams or projects. Knowledge of Materials/Equipment specific to the pipeline construction industry
• Knowledge of main Industry standards (ASTM, ASME, ACI, UPC, AWS,etc.).
• Knowledge of the welding processes for construction yard activities (GMAW, GTAW, SMAW, FCAW...)
• The working environment is international and multicultural and demands considerable experience in the project process working with International Contractors
Offer ID: 44810BR
Metier: Inspection & Maintenance General Resp., Upstream Operations
Region, department, area: Uganda
Employment type: Regular position
Experience level required: Minimum 15 years
Employer company: TOTAL E&P UGANDA BV
Branch: Exploration and Production
About us / company profile
Total is a global integrated energy producer and provider, a leading international oil and gas company, and the world’s second-ranked solar energy operator with SunPower. Our 100,000 employees around the world are committed to better energy that is safer, cleaner, more efficient, more innovative and accessible to as many people as possible. As a responsible corporate citizen, we focus on ensuring that our operations in more than 130 countries worldwide consistently deliver economic, social and environmental benefits. www.total.com
In Africa, besides exploration and production and renewable energies, Total is active across the whole petroleum product supply chain (service station network, general trade, lubricants, aviation fuels, bitumen, LPG) in more than 40 countries, where the Group is the sector leader with an estimated 18% market share. Around 1.8 million customers are served every day at one of TOTAL's 4,200 service stations on the continent.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 180
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified? Use the link below to apply.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.