Technical Advisor for the Coffee Innovation Fund - RELAPU
Deadline of this Job:
17 September 2020
Date Posted: Monday, September 07, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
As an International cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development policy objectives. GIZ promotes complex reforms and change processes. The programme for sustainable agricultural supply chains and standards works on behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). The aim of the program is to improve the conditions for sustainability in global agricultural supply chains. It promotes the development of sustainable growing regions, transparency in global supply chains and the further development of sustainability standards. Together with other GIZ projects the programme is implementing the Coffee Innovation Fund to pilot innovative ideas to increase farmer incomes and create market access. The Fund is about to begin its second round, focusing on East African countries. The goal of the fund is to pilot innovative approaches in the coffee sector / supply chain in Uganda. GIZ is supporting by providing materials and services. The Coffee Innovation Fund will be implemented in Uganda through the GIZ project "Responsible Land Policy in Uganda" (RELAPU) which is part of the Global Program "Responsible Land Policy" of the Special Initiative of the BMZ "One World - No Hunger". GIZ is recruiting a Technical Advisor for the Coffee Innovation Fund to support in the implementation of its programme. .
Job title: Technical Advisor for the Coffee Innovation Fund - RELAPU
Reports to: Team Leader - RELAPU
Job Location: Kampala
Contract duration 15.10.2020 - 30.04.2022
Ref. No GIZ - RELAPU/PC-TA/092048
Key Responsibilities Reception:
The Technical Advisor for the Coffee Innovation Fund will be responsible for:
• Project implementation under the guidance of the head of project and RELAPU team leader.
• Responsibility for the implementation and monitoring of the Coffee Innovation Fund in Uganda. Establishing relationships with key stakeholders (e.g. UCDA, Nat. Coffee Platform, NGOs, private sector, producer organisations and associations, etc.).
• Advising in coordination with the steering team in Germany and Uganda on qualification criteria for the fund.
• Providing technical input on coffee production, processing, marketing and generally the coffee value chain and the coffee sector of Uganda.
Specific Tasks Tasks related to the Coffee Innovation Fund:
• Conducting network analysis of the coffee sector in Uganda, identifying relevant actors and actively build a network within the coffee sector Organize events for network partners to inform about the Coffee Innovation Fund Screen and assess applications for the Coffee Innovation Fund
• Work with partner companies to develop project concept notes and budgets as well as monitor project progress Take actively part in meetings, workshops etc. on own initiative and on demand Conduct procurement of services and materials in accordance with GIZ requirements Document the project in cooperation with the partner companies (factsheets, articles, etc.)
• Cooperate closely with the other Coffee Innovation Fund country teams as well as GIZ headquarter Be actively involved in transversal tasks/cross cutting issues (gender, conflict sensitivity, etc.)
Job Skills: Not Specified
Required qualifications, competences and experience Qualifications
• Degree in Agriculture, Agriculture Economics/ Finance, Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Economics, or related field;
• 5 years work experience in the coffee sector in Uganda 3 years work experience in project management preferably in agricultural value chains, development cooperation, preferably with experience working in the private sector in Uganda
• Good understanding of sustainability challenges in agriculture and global supply chains;
• Experience in networking with private sector and associations;
• Experience in organizing events and exchange formats, Professionalism:
• Conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results with accountability, Plans and manages own time effectively and independently
• Experience in working with people from different cultural backgrounds and in diverse teams;
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing in English; Luganda is considered an asset;
• Excellent working knowledge of computer applications (e.g. MS Office Word, Excel, etc.).
• Willing for frequent travels within Uganda.
Job Education: Not Specified
Job Experience: Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
All interested and qualified persons are strongly encouraged to apply online on www.futureoptions.org or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org . Application and CV should be in one document and a maximum of 5 pages only. Please include name and contact of three references in the CVs. No other attachments are required at this stage. Please quote the position and reference number in the subject line. Applications should be received by 5.00pm on the 17th September 2020. Please note: This is a national position. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We encourage women, people with disabilities and minority groups to apply for this position. GIZ is committed to equal opportunities and diversity of perspective at the working place.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.