Jobs at:CURE Children's Hospital
Deadline of this Job:
Tuesday, October 03 2023
Date Posted: Tuesday, September 19 2023, Base Salary: Not Disclosed
To support patient diagnosing and treatment by installing, testing, calibrating, and repairing biomedical equipment; training users; maintaining safe operations.
Maintenance of Hospital Medical Equipment /Biomed Role
• Ensures all required medical equipment and accessories are available and in a good working condition.
• Work with service providers and hired workers to install, maintain, or repair medical equipment.
• Perform scheduled maintenance for medical equipment that is not service contract.
• Install and adjusts new biomedical equipment according to medical specifications.
• Train staff members to operate and care for equipment with physical demonstrations and educational presentations.
• Manage the inventory, makes requests, and verifies deliveries of medical equipment, testing equipment, accessories and other related supplies.
• Perform corrective maintenance on faulty medical equipment and effectively communicate with all department supervisors regarding on ongoing repair of equipment.
• Manage the medical equipment work requests, receiving, prioritizing, and facilitating their completion. Always keep a list of all outstanding requests and updates the same on the CMS system.
• Ensures that all equipment meets company standards of safety and quality and is in compliance with relevant laws.
• Provide on call services.
Inventory of Hospital Equipment Managed.
• Oversees the tools and equipment assigned to the maintenance department.
• Manages the inventory of maintenance supplies, testing equipment and accessories of medical equipment.
• Maintain an inventory of biomed and electrical hand and powered tools, testing equipment.
• Maintain an up-to-date inventory of departmental supplies, and accessories.
• Maintain an up-to-date register of all medical equipment and systems in the hospital.
• Effectively use CMS to track the life and performance of equipment by ensuring that work orders are created for every work order/request and closed when tasks are completed.
• Supports the purchasing of maintenance supplies and giving proper accountability according to set procedures.
• Maintains an up-to-date inventory of all biomedical tools.
• Maintains an up-to-date file of copies of equipment manuals and schematic diagrams supplied by manufacturers.
Occupational Health & Safety
• To work in such a way that does not cause injury to yourself, other staff members or customers.
• Following & complying with Health &Safety policies, processes & applying them to one’s work activities, including using/wearing Personal Protective Equipment as required.
• Participating in activities directed at preventing harm & promoting well-being in the workplace Identifying, reporting & self-managing hazards where appropriate.
• Early and accurate reporting of incidents at work and raising issues of concern when identified.
Professional development function
• Identification of short-term training that can help you perform your role better.
• Participate in the scheduled training and sensitization arrangements by the hospital for all co-workers.
• Ensure that the professional training tracker card is updated as per the above-mentioned training attended.
• A minimum of 3 professional development sessions - self initiated done in the fiscal year.
• Participates in the hospital’s Spiritual Ministry programs.
• Other official related duties that may be assigned by Supervisor.
• A completed Degree in Biomedical Engineering or its equivalent from a recognized institution
• Must possess a minimum of 2 years of relevant working experience in a similar role preferably in a health care setting with anesthesia, imaging equipment and maintenance management.
• Knowledge of medical equipment trouble shooting
• Measurement and analytical skills
• Good communication skills with other employees, patients and their families
• Ability and willingness to learn new techniques and procedures as are needed.
• Must be honest and have integrity.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Fluency in written and spoken English and local languages.
• Excellent organizational/administrative skills and ability to effectively plan in evolving situations.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Strong computer proficiency using software applications such as Microsoft Office & Google Drive.
• Attention To Detail - Able to be alert in a fast-moving environment; follow detailed procedures and ensure accuracy in documentation and data; carefully monitor processes; concentrate on routine work details and organise and maintain a system of records.
• Communication Skills - Able to clearly present information through the spoken or written word; read and interpret complex information; listen well.
• People Focus – Able to prioritise patients’ needs and work effectively with staff in different departments.
• Quality – Able to demonstrate consistency and reliability; adhere to standards and measures and seek ways to improve processes; identify and correct errors; test new methods thoroughly; reinforce excellence as a fundamental priority.
• Teamwork - Able to share due credit with co-workers; display enthusiasm and promote a friendly group working environment; work closely with other departments as necessary; support group decisions and solicit opinions from co-workers; display team spirit.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.