2 District Coordinators
Jobs at:Abt Associates
Deadline of this Job:
03 September 2021
Date Posted: Saturday, August 21, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Abt Associates, a major American business and government research, technical assistance, and consulting company, manages the USAID-funded Vector Control Task Order 1. Task Order 1 will support the U.S. President's Malaria Initiative (PMI) and USAID to plan and implement an integrated vector control approach with the overall goal of reducing the burden of malaria. Abt has implemented indoor residual spraying (IRS) for PMI since 2011, delivering high quality IRS programs and gathering the most comprehensive vector control entomological data in the world. Under this contract, Abt will expand entomological monitoring to guide programs focused on insecticide-treated mosquito riets and IRS and continue to assist PMI in reducing the burden of malaria through IRS and capacity building in 22 African countries where malaria is endemic. Abt also will continue to support PMI in IRS monitoring and evaluation, as well as environmental compliance.
Abt Associates seeks qualified candidates to fill the positions of District Coordinators and Project Assistant/Store Manager position to be based at the PMI VectorLink Project field office in Tororo, Uganda.
Job title: 2 District Coordinators
Raporting to: Operations Manager
Under supervision of the Operations Manager, the District Coordinator will focus on programmatic and management oversight for all aspects of the project's spray operations in their assigned district(s), including spray campaign planning, technical assistance and training, logistical and operational support and supervision, and activity tracking and reporting S/he will coordinate closely with provincial government counterparts and oversee the activities of project field staff and seasonal spray teams,
Preferred Skills / Prerequisites
• Bachelor's Degree in public or Community Health, Environmental Health, Entomology, or other relevant fields.
• At least two (2) years of relevant professional work experience, with significant amounts of experience directly in Vector Control and IRS Operations.
• Experience in regulatory and operational aspects of insecticide use and management is preferred
• .Demonstrated ability to work both as a member of a team and as a team leader.
• Demonstrates leadership and teamwork and produces high quality work in a timely, cost-effective manner and has excellent writing skills.
• Excellent interpersonal communications, and organizational skills.
• Excellent computer skills, computer software programs, including MSWord, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Experience with USAID funded programs and/or other international development experience. English language fluency will be required
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Application Instructions Instead of sending their Cover Letter, CV and other required documents to the email Recruiting@pmivectorlink.com all candidates should apply for this position at: https://egpy.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_1/job/100621
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.